Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI'm not placing blame on anyone specifically...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15377
15377, I'm not placing blame on anyone specifically...
Posted by artbymotorcity, Tue Sep-19-06 04:53 PM
I believe that MOST of you out there actually care about Dilla & his family.

Look, I listen to every perspective... but your still failing to see my point bro. People on here are as much to blame for the "spread" of dilla's unreleased beat tapes as the people who originally burned them... especially from what I've heard from people in the forum... they say that the OKP board has had a HUGE part in the "spread" of unreleased tapes. The point is, why condone something like PUBLIC file sharing of dilla's material, especially given the current circumstances?? If those beat tapes do get released & everyone has ALREADY got them, who, besides the most loyal fans are going to go out & buy them when they can go onto lemonwire & download the shit for free?! The mentality of those who originally leaked the shit & yours are one in the same. You love the music so much & you don't want to wait for it's official release, so you do whatever you gotta do to obtain said material. That's may be love for the music, but it's going a step too far.

Your "simple" opinion on bootlegging isn't simple at all man... it's mad confusing. Those beat tapes were NOT released... just because De La used this beat or Busta used that beat doesn't justify people putting them on p2p or file sharing networks for public consumption & it does justify the beattape as a piece of "released' material.

By the way, Ridiculous is spelled R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S.

You say you have 4 finished Dilla albums... which I don't believe... but for the sake of argument, I'll pretend you do... you say you keep them air tight until the time of release? What do you do with them once the album is released? Burn it for whoever wants it?? Share those albums too because now their officially "released"?

--------------------