Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIf you mean this one, then of course it's without question the worst.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=94248&mesg_id=94362
94362, If you mean this one, then of course it's without question the worst.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-09-10 02:41 PM
And while I'm willing to ignore some unrealistic things in the movie's attempts to build tension, this was just a laughable turn. I liked the movie... but come the fuck on.

"James forces a merchant, for whom Beckham works at Camp Victory, to drive him to Beckham's house (James believes Beckham has been killed and gutted to fit an unexploded bomb inside of his body). James makes his way to Beckham's house and demands to know what exactly happened to Beckham. Well, he never finds out because he is kicked out. James ride has left him and he has no other chose but to run back to Camp Victory. Throwing up the hood of the sweatshirt, he runs through the streets of Baghdad. While I watched that scene I automatically thought, there isn't a soldier in the world who would leave their base and run through Baghdad unless they were trying to commit suicide. I laughed out loud in the theater, like, could anyone actually believe this. When James finally reaches Camp Victory, a sympathetic soldier on guard duty lets him on base. So, let me get this straight. We have an American soldier running through Iraq in a hooded sweatshirt, trying to find out what happened to a kid who sold bootleg movies, and a sweet soldier who just let's James waltz on base? Bravo Hollywood; that was pure magical bullshit."