Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectIt was okay
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=91324&mesg_id=91452
91452, It was okay
Posted by BigWorm, Sun Jun-12-11 11:25 PM
I feel about the same as a lot of you. Liked it up until the last twenty minutes, then it got corny. But even then, 20 years ago, I would have liked the ending too.

My biggest complaint was that yes, I thought this was going to be the Cloverfield prequel. In fact, Abrams actually said it was a Cloverfield sequel, early on. WHICH IT IS NOT. AT ALL.

I'm convinced that it was, at first, but then they changed it at the last minute, probably because they didn't know how logical it would be to make the Cloverfield monster do all the stuff that the monster in this movie did...I STILL think that this movie would have been MUCH, MUCH better, and far more clever, had it been the prequel to Cloverfield.

I think there's another glaring problem that I had that many people had too...without getting too specific, I'll say it this way: when you pick the middle ground between ET and Cloverfield, you kind of have to account for the death toll somehow...but this movie definitely danced around that part of it.

But anyway. The kids were great, liked the story, the suspense. Just like the 80s flicks. I even love how in typical 80s PG-13 fashion, there's approximately 1 use of the word fuck, just thrown in for good measure.

I hope none of this comes off as a spoiler, but really, I really didn't think that there was really too much to spoil.