Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectlet's see:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=90434&mesg_id=90477
90477, let's see:
Posted by SankofaII, Sun Oct-09-11 12:23 AM
INSIDIOUS: i hated the script. And, totally shied away from it when it was out and i'm NOT a fan of Patrick Wilson (I don't give a damn that he went to Carnegie Mellon or his wife is smoking hot, he's irritating as an actor and needs to do something ELSE other than the nebbish, weak ass white dude who gets a backbone AND strength at the end of the movie schtick) and Rose Byrne needs that good plate of smothered chicken, collards with fatback, baked mac and cheese, mash potatoes and gravy with a couple slices of saltwater cornbread and sweet potato pie washed down with some sweet black tea....
but that movie was scary as fuck. the scares were RIGHT where they needed to be, the cast was great, etc. the ending so OUT of left field... 9/10 definitely

THE THING (1982): classic horror like Dae said, it was a well plotted out slow burn, and WHUT, the negro was at the end y'all (though we can all BET he was the thing)...just a great REMAKE of a classic from the 50s (y'all KNOW the 1982 THING is NOT the original, right?! RIGHT) 10/10

THE ENTITY: Barbara Hershey stars as a woman who is physically and sexually molested by an invisible demon...the filmmakers failed with telling this story from the POV of the doctor who didn't believe she was experiencing this....but barbara hershey was BRILLIANT as the woman who goes from victim to almost badass in fighting back and reclaiming her life from the demon...the fact that it followed her everywhere was scary as hell 7/10

THE SENDER: a disturbed mental patient, blessed with psychic powers, transmits his nightmares onto the staff and patients of a psych hospital and people start dying. Cheesy, but very effective performances from Zeljko Ivanek and Kathryn Harrold. Just a really good film. A rare gem. If you can find it, rent it. 7/10