Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWelcome to L.A.P.D. policing policies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=23433&mesg_id=23553
23553, Welcome to L.A.P.D. policing policies
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Apr-28-05 01:02 PM
That's why for me The Shield is brilliant and angering all at once. The depictions of Farmington are very realistic when you look at LAPD, the CRASH anti-gang unit, the Rampart District, and so on. And it's been that way for years. And now with LA becoming even more and more Latino/Mexican, brothers are really getting fucked with, gang violence is on the rise, the whole nine. It's like the 80's all over again. It's crazy.

So even though it's nonsensical and twisted, I root for Antwan Mitchell to get Shane caught up in the twist despite the fact that he is the worst kind of brother. And Julian bustin down the white dude with an open container to make a point was classic and necessary. Even though this show is brilliant I DO get tired of seeing brothers getting fucked up weekly. It's funny cause The Wire never bothers me like this, maybe because the story is told so lyrically and it unfolds slowly so everything that happens is justified. The Shield is just so raw and bang-bang-in-your-face that it's just jarring.

That mustard shit in the convenience store was some of the most graphic and nastiest shit I've ever seen on television. So inhumane.

But...I'll be tuning in next week...