Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectSaw the movie when it came out in NYC and it still has an affect (or is it effect? lol)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=20613&mesg_id=20682
20682, Saw the movie when it came out in NYC and it still has an affect (or is it effect? lol)
Posted by Improv, Sat Oct-21-00 04:52 PM
>and yeah, the roots definitely shoulda
>been better utilized... how'd they
>feel about the show? how
>did that cat who played
>honeycutt feel?

From what I saw (and my friend pointed out), Honeycutt and the Alabama Porch Monkeys were quite content with their role. Remember that scene when Mantan quit? Saw how Honeycutt was quick to step up to take his place? That is soooo true. When money is involve, you'll do ANYTHING. Look at the current state of rap music. You think those fools would make those songs/videos if there wasn't money involved? Doubt it. Happened when everyone was "righteous". All of a sudden Two Kings in a Cypher were all about the Benjamins. UMCs became hardcore instead of singing about Blue Cheese and having One to Grow On...

My complaint is that the pace was off, kinda like Phantom Menace (I'm sure Aaron would agree with me on this). Quick in the beginning, slow in the middle, and trying to pick up towards the end (but got jumbled while doing so). I would have liked to see the show that got rejected, instead of hearing about it. We could have done without all the tap dancing scenes. We could have seen what "woke" Sleep-n-Eat up...what made him tired of doing what they were doing. The ending could have been better, but it brought home the point that images HAVE to killed/destroyed for us as a people to move on.

I think Spike did a decent job, though he needs to tighten up his focus.