Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Reachin and Searchin'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=20613&mesg_id=20622
20622, RE: Reachin and Searchin'
Posted by Abbstrack, Wed Oct-18-00 01:22 PM
I think its kind of sad to see how we as a people search for flaws, contradictions, hypocrisies, idiosyncrisies (did i spell it right?), etc...in our work. I dont see any irony in the fact that Spike directed both the Kings of Comedy and Bamboozled. I think they are two different films in all rights, and I dont see how Bamboozled speaks to Kings of Comedy at all. Having seen Bamboozled twice in NYC last weekend, i dont even believe that it was aimed at the tactics of many of today's respectable stand up comics. I thought the film spoke more towards the sitcom stars, rappers, suppossed R&B crooners, and the like. Cedric, Steve, Bernie, and DL, are well polished comics who do not act like buffoons at all, nor have they given up their souls in order to make a dollar. These brothers are doing something they are passionate about, making us laugh. too bad the same cant be said for most of our other entertainers. That's what bamboozled was aimed at, the WB's, the UPN's, and sadly enough, the BET's. There is where you can find Sellouts and Buffoonery, not on the Kings of Comedy tour. I dont think spike would call richard pryor a buffoon, nor would he call Bill Cosby that...if a word had to come to mind that he would probably use to describe them, wouldnt that word be...Genius?....can we not make similar comparisons to the Kings?....I Know..I know...they have a long way to go...but they're moving in the right direction.....one luv...DIALLO DIALLO!!!!!!

LETS GET FREE!!!!