Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI don't think it's a big deal, just that it stands out.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116279&mesg_id=116423
116423, I don't think it's a big deal, just that it stands out.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Apr-07-14 03:26 PM
I enjoyed the movie and that didn't lessen my enjoyment whatsoever, nor do I feel that makes any difference in any way.

That doesn't mean it's not an obvious question to ask because Fury and SHIELD are so integral to the overall MCU.

So, while I'm not bothered, I still think it's a valid question to ask. At the end of the day none of this shit is remotely plausible and I can look at every movie like this and ask a thousand questions, but if the answer to the most important question of "Did I have a good time?" is "HELL THE FUCK YEAH!" then it's whatever in the end, and I can overlook a lot of shit even if I have crazy critiques.

I love watching giant robots destroy the world, so Transformers is a bearable guilty pleasure. TMNT will probably be just as dumb and brimming with empty, oversexualized women and insane action sequences, and I'll just have a good time watching the eye candy.

I do think it's curious how easily people overlook these things and suspend disbelief with the Marvel movies, while DC movies seem to be picked to death over details like this.