Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectReally good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=108325&mesg_id=108360
108360, Really good
Posted by ZooTown74, Sat Sep-29-12 04:06 AM
I'm sure that our favorite movie and non-movie blogs will try to outthink the story and out-logic the rules but everything made sense to me (not perfect sense, mind you, but it worked for me).

I didn't buy the JGL-Emily Blunt kiss, felt we didn't need it.

And I know this is fucked up to say but the kid was terrible, all mean glances and screaming. He annoyed me and I hoped he would die, if not at the hands of JGL/Bruce or one of the mob minions, then have Emily Blunt accidentally shoot him in the dead of night. He fucking irritated me that much.

I was also hoping at some point that Jeff Daniels would get into the mix at some point, but alas, no, so that was a little disappointing.

Otherwise, put another one in the W column for Mr. Leavitt, and for Mr. Johnson as well (didja see him thank Vince Gilligan and "the BB crew" in the closing credits yo?) and let us all be reminded once again that Bruce Willis is still an American Bad Ass.

Not a "perfect" movie but it did what good sci-fi does: set up the rules of its universe, then let the characters play around in that universe in accordance with said rules...

Also, was it just me or did JGL's final solution seem like a no-brainer? Anyone else go, oh, duh! when it happened?