Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectFinally got around to seeing it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107491
107491, Finally got around to seeing it.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jan-04-13 12:45 PM
It's a popcorn movie...simple and plain.

It's wildly entertaining - that first hour or so totally flies by. Some fun performances by Waltz and Leo here as well. But it's pretty thin, obviously deeply flawed, and pretty uncomfortable in many places (that scene with the dogs really messed with me).

I had a lot of fun watching it, and it's certainly the most fun awards season movie I've seen - but that's kind of the problem. It's NOT an awards season type movie. It's a popcorn flick - or as others have called it in here, a cartoon. There's nothing deep to understand about it. Though, it was kind of refreshing to not have to sit through a 15 minute scene of the characters talking about obscure movies since movies hadn't been invented in the time this film takes place.

I loved the look of it - pretty much as to be expected in a QT flick though.

I did turn to my wife when his cameo came up and just said, "Oh no". He was godawful.

Lots of fun, but not his top tier work. I don't know if it takes itself as seriously as a lot of people are taking it but...oh well.