Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectBest film of 2012 (spoiler free...)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=107141&mesg_id=107447
107447, Best film of 2012 (spoiler free...)
Posted by da_illest_one, Fri Dec-28-12 08:30 PM
Way more enjoyable to watch than Cloud Atlas, The Hobbit or Dark Knight Rises....

First off, how can one be offended by this film? It is a spaghetti western that takes place in the deep south two years before the civil war. The N word was used as an identifier for all blacks in that era.

The film was damn good. The only film I plan on seeing more than once this year. Christoph Waltz was the man and most the best scenes in the film involve his interaction with Jamie Foxx.

I can't see Kerry Washington winning an Oscar for role although I hear she got nominated. She had less than ten lines in the film and most of it was in German. Her character wasn't fleshed out but that is because the film didn't center around Django's relationship with Broomhilda but the man's quest to get her back.

As for Samuel L. Jackson, his character all too familiar with some of us. That black dude that brown noses his boss so much he'll throw others under bus so he can succeed.

If I had any complaints it would be the length of the film, as some parts drag, especially the third act which involves candy land and Leonardo's character.

On The Lookout 4:
some new music. WTF is going on this year?