Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectSteve Weibe tried to regain the title two nights ago in Vegas
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=101994&mesg_id=102096
102096, Steve Weibe tried to regain the title two nights ago in Vegas
Posted by JungleSouljah, Sat Mar-08-08 04:13 PM
He scored around 925K and hit the kill screen on his first go around. He was apparently on pace during the second game to crack 1 mill again, but it just didn't go that way.

So yeah I finally saw the film. It was great in a lot of ways and the director/producers definitely took some liberties with things. It really bothers me how they decided to fuck with the timeline. And Twin Galaxies seems like they never really had their story together in terms of how officially Weibe held the title from June '03 to June '06.

As with everything in life, I think that the truth lies somewhere in between. Is Billy Mitchell an asshole? At times, but then at times so are all of us. There's obviously a great deal of truth in the film, but it's hard to say what is and what isn't.

I think the whole idea of competitive classic gaming is fascinating and I'd love to see some of their videos because I know I don't have the patience to become good enough to become even 1/10th as good as they are. It was a solid doc, but I'm NOT looking forward to their 'fictionalization'.