Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe 2012 Spilled Latte Awards: For Your Consideration
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=96645&mesg_id=96645
96645, The 2012 Spilled Latte Awards: For Your Consideration
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jan-01-12 11:49 AM
Happy New Year, PTP!

As awards season starts crawling toward the finish line, it is important that we remember the most important award ceremony in the history of time: The Spilled Latte Awards!

TIMELINE:

Ballots can be submitted starting next week and ending at the end of the month.
The Awards Ceremony shall be *fingers crossed* Monday, February 6.

Now, in an effort to make sure the underdogs get as much attention on PTP as the favorites, a year or two ago we started doing a "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION" post. It works the same way as the ads-- try and place your favorites into the minds of those who maybe haven't seen that movie or thought about it in a while, in hopes that the extra attention will motivate more people to see the film and vote for your favorite.

It's very simple: in the subject line, place the film, and if necessary, the performer. Reply to the category of your choice.

For example: under Supporting Actor, I'd write "Rob Brydon, The Trip"

etc.

I started seeing more movies I wouldn't necessarily have seeked out otherwise as a result of this post in the past (in particular, I always enjoy Sponge and ricky_BUTLER's suggestions). I strongly recommend if you have the time to do so as well. It will not only make your ballot better informed, but it will make you a happier human.

Let the Spilled Latte season begin!