Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectthey used to call him Spit Shine Rumbletummy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=61688&mesg_id=61832
61832, they used to call him Spit Shine Rumbletummy
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Jul-30-08 05:26 AM
>1. GoodFellas

correct

>3. Amadeus

i know this is a great movie and all but i have a serious aversion to this era. it's all those wigs and funny outfits.... they just creep me the fuck out. it's the reason i still haven't seen barry lyndon.

>6. Trainspotting

i forgot all about this one. not sure if it would've made the final cut but it's really good.

>9. Wall Street

great choice. mad underrated. 80s stone >>>>> 90s stone.

>16. School of Rock

y'know i've always failed to see what people find so special about this one. it's not like i have bad things to say about it but it's just kinda there to me. that, and i haven't liked jack black much in anything other than high fidelity.

>17. As Good As It Gets

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

good shit.

>21. Midnight Run

the inclusion of this on so many lists warms my fucking heart.

>23. Three Kings

another underrated one. if i were to re-edit, it would likely make it.

>29. Napoleon Dynamite

really??? aside from uncle rico, i think it just plain sucks. i mean, no lebowski on your list but you include this wackness? there's something wrong with you.

>45. National Lampoon’s Vacation

i'm kinda mad at myself for not including the griswold family somewhere on my list.

>64. Something Wild

yes!! it's been so long. i love that movie.

>78. American Beauty

"a movie so confused, it thinks a plastic bag is beautiful. to me it's just litter. somebody throw that bag away before it suffocates a duck." (c)king_friday. actually i really like the movie but not as much as a love that quote.

>100. THE GRIFTERS

great choice.

i actually have never seen these:

>14. Hope and Glory
>15. Radio Days
>28. A Fish Called Wanda
>87. Titanic
>94. Heathers
>95. The Natural
>97. Shattered Glass