Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectre: Housekeeping
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=61688&mesg_id=61702
61702, re: Housekeeping
Posted by ricky_BUTLER, Tue Jul-01-08 03:22 PM
>Have you seen Housekeeping? It's excellent.

No, I haven't seen it, and its status as VHS-only probably is a main reason why. But that's the thing about these lists: minutes after you think you've made some final, semi-confident decision about what to include, you find there's a title or two or thirty worth considering that you never even have heard of. I did my first version of a "greatest films list" in the 10th grade, and it was actually pretty well-informed for coming from a 10th grader. However, in hindsight, it's absurd to the point of funny just how little I knew / had seen. But even similar lists that I may have made a couple years ago or even earlier this year also now seem outdated and out of touch, because, again, "new" titles have presented themselves and preceded to amaze me: The Cruise, Morvern Callar, etc. I guess finding great movies is a slow discovery and not something anyone should presume to be able to cram into one night.