Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectprops to titanic-
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=60104&mesg_id=60280
60280, props to titanic-
Posted by gluvnast, Sun Aug-10-08 11:38 AM
you want to make the titanic arguement as if THAT'S going to change anything...

NO MOVIE, imo, is going to DO whut titanic did...nor should we even HATE on that movie, because regardless of the fact people went to see this movie REPEATEDLY

it remained at number one for 17 straight WEEKS, if i recall correctly...it won a gain of accolades included best picture and best director

whut this have to do with TDK....nothing, in me eyes...i'm just dumbfounded as to why you WANT to make the titanic comparison, especially when the DEBATE is on ironman vs. TDK?

if you're claiming that that movie isn't that "great"...it's the number one movie in the WORLD..PERIOD..and you can't take anything away from that...

i personally don't think it was all that great, but i will not knock it for whut it did and may not ever be repeated again

titanic has nothing to do with this arguement....

now back to the subject, TDK is PROVING to be a more poplar movie than ironman...and CANNOT make the excuse of "ticket sales" or "adjusted gross" as an EXCUSE....it's just IS a more popular movie

it's the BIGGEST movie of the year so far...with several critics even proclaiming "oscar" which is unusual for a summer movie, especially a comic book movie