Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectim slightly torn on how to feel
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=46119&mesg_id=46190
46190, im slightly torn on how to feel
Posted by Young H, Sat Nov-04-06 06:39 PM
Im a big Ali G fan and I laughed plenty at this movie

but keeping in mind that this was a documentary of a fictional character (i.e. he did his pre-scripted part, the people he talked to were real) - black kids supposedly teaching him to say nigga was hot in the streets?

also, I'm fairly sure the prostitute was real and she just played his girlfriend at the end. (She was credited as being herself). Horrible portrayal of a black woman (and sure enough white folks loved it), was that intended to be good comedy? The really cute big girl in Road Trip worked because it contrasted how skinny that dude was, this was just 'have him call a big black ghetto prostitute'. The movie went downhill after she showed up (except for the part where him and his boy ran into the convention room)

Finally, I think the whole flick was a ploy for that Pam Anderson stunt. I remember it was in the news when he did it and she had no clue who he was.

far from the funniest movie of the last decade like critics are saying, but it made me laugh as much as I expected it to.