Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: OH SHIT!!!....ETHER!!! --NOW ARCHIVE--
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=45340&mesg_id=45508
45508, RE: OH SHIT!!!....ETHER!!! --NOW ARCHIVE--
Posted by Call It Anything, Wed Jan-31-07 03:59 AM
No ether. Just a few numbers to inject into the equation. OE's main point about ILC v. SNL still stands, just what he mentioned about the viewing #s was off. I think he was just operating on a false premise based on the culture of worship that surrounds SNL (which in my own opinion is generally deserved). I got no beef at all with him. Shit, he's a boxing head. On that alone I support him.

Fox always kept In Living Color on a short leash. They put it on Sunday nights against perennial top 10 shows like "America's Funniest Home Videos" and "Murder She Wrote". It still pulled in viewers regardless and when it was good they were routinely in the top 10 among black audiences and teens. When the Chevy Chase Show got pulled during its second commercial break, Fox aired reruns of ILC in that slot for a while. The network really tinkered too much with the show though and tried to make into a mixed show as opposed to a black show and that's when it started sinking hard. Nevermind the fact that they prematurely chased off most of the talent. But it was still pulling ok ratings when they cancelled it and could have made a recovery with a few changes. If you look at the way they've propped up MADTV and the way they shitted on In Living Color, it's kind of sad because while MAD has had it's moments, ILC was special.