Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Shocking!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=4461&mesg_id=4471
4471, RE: Shocking!
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Feb-29-04 06:41 AM
>>I finally saw Return of the King (a.k.a. the movie that
>>wouldn't fucking end) today and hated it.
>
>Go get your friggin shinebox right friggin now!

hah nope not this time... like Zootown74 even mentioned below this movie had 44 different endings, each one more annoying than the next. I think the worst one was Hobbits jumping around on the bed as people entered the door one by one. I swear I had to keep from laughing out loud in the theater (especially when Astin walks in). It felt like joke, I was waiting for Gary Colemen to walk in next or something

>I loved it the 1st time I saw it but I guess it did get a
>little tedious the 2nd time.

I'll go as far to say I liked it AND hated it but I probably wont be seeing it again because I don't want to have to suffer through that sap just to see the parts I liked. I'm glad I saw it on the big screen though.

& I dont know wtf peeps are
>talkin bout when they say they're upset Astin didnt get a
>supporting Oscar nod.

Astin's acting was Soap operaish at best. ALL he did was cry. There has to be at least 7 scenes where he's crying "waaaa Mr Froto please don't go! waaaaa!" There wasn't one thing good about his acting.

If Barry Pepper couldnt get 1 4 25th
>hour Astin dont come close 2 gettin 1 either.

See now Barry acted!

>Why didn't these
>>guys just make out already?
>
>I've been thinkin that since the 1st 1 but they really did
>take it 2 another level this time.

exactly! I almost felt as if they HAD to show him get married just so they can convince us that these two weren't in love. I'm still not convinced the way he and Froto continued to make goo goo eyes at each other.

>I enjoyed The Two Towers much
>>more.
>
>See I was just watchin that again yesterday since it came on
>1 of my HD channels & I guess I still need 2 see the
>extended version cuz other than the battle scenes this was
>the most tedious of the 3 2 me. The pacing is terrible.

I'm just going by my theater experiences. The Two Towers didn't bore me one bit. I don't think ROTK is a bad movie and I'm not saying it doesn't do the trilogy justice but people are running around calling this movie the greatest film of all time and the greatest epic ever and that's just horseshit.