Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectNow that I got to see it twice, this is funnier than American Hustle.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=116032&mesg_id=116057
116057, Now that I got to see it twice, this is funnier than American Hustle.
Posted by bwood, Tue Dec-03-13 12:42 AM
First off Leo and Jonah have great comedic timing. The last hour kinda dragged for me, but this is still one of the best films I've seen all year.

Jordan Belfort is a greedy douchebag, who lets greed and pride get in his way. With that said it was fun watching homie do depraved shit for 3 hours. Did I mention he's a piece of shit.

Again here you have stupid people being dumb and greedy about crime and sucking at it.

I was very happy to see Margot Robbie in the bluff. I've had a HUGE crush on her since Pan Am (yes I watched it and liked it for what it was). In the words of Rex Reed or was it Peter Travers "She played a good guinea" to which the audience groaned and DiCaprio paused.

Also, I know the drug use had to be exaggerated. I mean shit the amount of drugs that Jordan does would kill Tony Montana. The funniest sequence in the film is watching Leo trip balls and you'll know it when it happens.

Listening to Leo talk about this film twice, I see why editing took so long. They didn't know what the final scene was gonna be and apparently

Yea, I loved this shit and I hope to see Scorsese original cut. I could definitely sit though this a third time