Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectTom Cruise >>> creator of Family Guy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=110017&mesg_id=110094
110094, Tom Cruise >>> creator of Family Guy.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jul-10-12 09:05 AM
Always.

Fuck it, I laughed more in Rock of Ages than I did in Ted. No lie. Ted was better made, but it simply wasn't funny to me at all. Madea's Witness Protection was funnier than Ted too. Is that "typically PTP" of me? Bottom line is I love musicals, I love Cruise, and I don't like Family Guy. All three are widely known. That's why dude called me out in the Rock of Ages post saying, "This was made for Frank Longo!", lol. What'd you expect, Bomb?

And I DEFINITELY never said Rock of Ages would make more money than this, lol. Come now. I never had it sniffing 80 mil, which was my initial estimate at the beginning of the summer for Ted's numbers. My guess for Ted was low, but I didn't expect the critical praise for the film (nor do I really understand it, but again, not my thing), and usually relative critical praise for a comedy means strong word of mouth (I thought Madagascar 3 overperformed too, same reason).

Besides, Hairspray, Shankman's last musical (a musical I disliked on the stage), was the best musical feature in... I don't know, a decade? I thought he would find a way to make Rock of Ages, another musical I dislike on the stage, work. *shrug*

Don't look for objectivity from me when it comes to movie musicals. I'll be cysing the shit outta Les Mis in the winter too.

>Longo I still can't believe you thought Rock Of Ages looked
>better & potentially more successful than this flick.
>
>That was one of the worst calls I've heard from a movie buff
>in a long time.