Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectJennifer Gardner & Michael Cera
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=100643&mesg_id=100765
100765, Jennifer Gardner & Michael Cera
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Thu Jul-24-08 01:45 PM

Jennifer Garner and Michael Cera are so great in that movie. JG I didn't appreciate as much as I should have until the 2nd viewing and MC was just perfect like always every single moment he's on film. JG pulled off a very tricky thing in that film, she was neurotic and obsessive and unlikeable WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY BEING UNLIKEABLE. I rooted for her more than anyone else. Also she showed a deft comic touch with timing in her bewildered yet sweetly honest responses to Juno and her little friend's "teenagey-inside-jokery" offerings.

Michael Cera, God I hope he doesn't go Anthony Michael Hall on us, he's got that Bill Murray/Will Ferrell thing happening where I crack up just watching them be serious and waiting for them to be funny. The kid's brilliant.

Do they give Oscars for casting? If they do, whoever cast: JG, MC, Justin Bateman, and the fantastic character actors who played Juno's folks...ANNNDDD Cut Chemist(?!) deserves the Oscar, the Golden Globe, the Golan-Globus, the Golden Girls, the Go-Go Yubari, and any and all awards for that job.

Justin Bateman, solid as ever. What did PTPers think of "Mark Loring"? Was he a bad guy?