Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthis is what pisses me off...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=572
572, this is what pisses me off...
Posted by suave_bro, Fri Jul-02-04 10:32 AM
when folks say shit like this:

>I felt that hip hop like all other forms of
>music, is a reflection of where it comes from.

this just lets me know that our image TO. THE. WORLD. (NOT JUST WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) has been distorted...again, I can tell the difference when a mofoe is speaking from the heart and when somebody is glamourizing ignorant shit. for example, when mos def and common are speaking on the streets i can feel it, its from the heart...when G-UNIT are talking about the hood with fireworks going on stage, them coming up from under the stage on some crane, with 9000 hoes on stage humping the air with them, that shit aint "tellin' it like it is", thats niggas exploiting themselves for $$$ and fucking up young peoples heads at the same time...they also make ghetto life look beautiful and glamourous like life is one big ass sex orgy after the club...THAT is what bill cosby is talking about, THAT is what is damaging to our community...

if u want to talk about what 10 or 12 little positive coffee shop rappers that hardly no black folks are even paying any attention to, then create your own post/forum and big them up...i know the tic toc, ive see dead prez live and i was the only black dude in the audience that knew the lyrics. black folks are not checking for the artists on this site the way we are lil wayne and chingy, ying yang twinz etc etc...