Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHere's a theory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3805&mesg_id=3855
3855, Here's a theory
Posted by watdefok, Mon Sep-22-03 05:17 PM
Maybe God created something that evolved... nobody ever seems to consider that possibility.

Evolution is too close to being a fact to disregard IMHO.
Its definition is: genetic adaptations made by organisms to adapt to their environment. That has happened, still is.
Every time DNA replicates itself, little errors are made. Most of those errors are bad, but some turn out for the better. It's all about survival of the fittest, so the strongest DNA survives. And these beneficial errors make DNA stronger.
They're only minuscule changes. But over the course of millions of years, they can change a species completely, depending on the environment.

You can compare it to music. Music has evolved a lot over the years, but you can't make progress without deviating from the norm. And that usually starts with a mistake that happens to sound good. Some of the greatest compositions wouldn't have been made if the composers didn't fuck up somewhere.

But all that doesn't disprove the existence of God either. There are too many things left unexplained, and my feelings tell me there is some higher force.

So personally i like to believe that God created a model which evolves by itself. Maybe he makes some occasional adjustments now and then, but basically it grows by itself. Sort of like how a mathematical formula can create fractal images which you can magnify endlessly. Only a hell of a lot more complex...