Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectTwo questions:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33948
33948, Two questions:
Posted by Otto, Thu Jul-14-05 11:56 AM
1.) If blacks see a government that doesn't care about the situation of blacks, and such a government is truly a hinderance to the progress of the black community, why are blacks known to not show up to vote?

2.)

"Whites' Fear of the Black Male:
From things as extreme as hangings and castration (which still happen today in America & Worldwide) to those more subtle such as the elevation of Black Women in the workplace over Black Men, white people still want very little to do with brothers if doesn't involve our entertaining them in some way..."

^^I do not think you can prove that white people are "afraid" of black males. However, if this *is* a fear, which I am not saying it is, would it be accurate to say the the heartless, gangsta image of a violent community portrayed by the mainstream hip hop artists and their respective media outlets would be what causes such a fear? Also, if this image is not accurate, and BY NO MEANS AM I SUGGESTING IT IS--if this image does not accurately portray the black mentality which would be what whites fear---why do blacks continue to support such demeaning music? If they support it becasue they feel it is an accurate representation of their mindset, wouldn't a white male be right to fear someone with such a temperament?

-Otto