Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject7 Reasons for Our Peoples' Insanity
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33946
33946, 7 Reasons for Our Peoples' Insanity
Posted by JahSeed, Thu Jul-14-05 09:46 AM
1. Whites' Invasion of Africa:
The Start of the Ending...

2. American Slavery:
History doesn't tell of a more calculated form of taking everything away from a human being- one's freedom, name, religion, history. Centuries of this will do something to a person, don't ya think?

3. Whites' Fear of the Black Male:
From things as extreme as hangings and castration (which still happen today in America & Worldwide) to those more subtle such as the elevation of Black Women in the workplace over Black Men, white people still want very little to do with brothers if doesn't involve our entertaining them in some way...

4. Jim Crow & Current "Justice" System:
Consistent post-slavery shackles for the brown-skinned in this country.

5. Drugs (from the 1920s-Present):
Heroin to destroy the Renaissance, Crack to destroy the common man, the rest of it (weed, malt liquor, etc.) to make sure we get the fix we've been conditioned to need, and all of the above to keep us "Locked Up" (as the song goes)...

6. The Prison Industrial Complex:
The New & Improved Slave System. If you don't believe it, read the history on the # of prisons in this country during slavery and immediately after as compared to today. Absolutely Nuts! (The free labor that comes out of prisons??? Ask any brother who has spent more than 3 months on lockdown...)

6. Breakdown of the Black Family:
Quite simply, an accumulation of all of the above (and then some).

7. A Majority (white people) Who Think Everything is Great Now & a Government That REALLY Doesn't Give a Flying Fizzuck
(Last, But Not Least, of Course)

How to Fix It:
Well, I hate to be the cynic, but in the words of the god Bob Marley:
"Total Destruction, the Only Solution..."

Our problems will never be solved b/c it's rooted in too much heavy shit over CENTURIES that no one wants to or can adequately address (including Black people). I think the most any of can do is try our best not to contribute to the madness and "give back" (I know its cliche) when we can...Just my 2 cents...