Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectlike i said before
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33925
33925, like i said before
Posted by suave_bro, Wed Jul-13-05 12:50 PM
- u need to go sit over on the sidelines...

>we are looking for root causations are we not? Well, why stop
>short? Shallow logic/reasoning would add up to placing a band
>aid on a bullet wound, no?

- the roots started in the 70's with the break up of the family. if u take fathers out of every home on this planet, u would probably see the same symptoms that we see in our communities throughout the entire planet.

>Didn't certain communities shun: Ragtime then Blues, Jazz,
>Rock and Roll, then Hip Hop all because of "content"?

- absolutely. but when, in the history of mankind, has it been acceptable to say "HEY BITCH WAIT TIL U SEE MY DICK" on record? and why is it so popular amongst black folks? and dont give me that "white folks buy the albums" bullshit.

>if this is true, what is the SOURCE of these feelings? If it
>began with ragtime, then it must be an older source, no?

- *sigh*...if im not mistaken, white people argued that this was devils music. that the drums and musical arrangements made people swivel their hips and dance sexy. but this was also around the time people didnt kiss on their first date either. now people are fucking without even having met each other before....

>are you courageous enough to delve into this? Or is it the
>helpless blackman who can't keep music from creating his
>reality's fault AGAIN?

- i cant believe they made this gimp a mod. I'll say it as many times as need be for you little yellow bus riding muthafuckas: the music is a reflection of the mentalities - u wont see asians, middle easterners or omish people getting on record saying these things and puting out videos like we do. why? because their cultures/values dont reflect that type of lifestyle. and they probably have a little bit more respect and love for themselves and their women too...

>WHERE on earth did the come from, brotha?

- simply. the break down of the family. this didnt start until the 70's with the white feminist movement and welfare...i wont go so far as to say that black women are to blame for the problems in our community, but i will say that they proved that it cant be done ALONE and done RIGHT. but u ask that question as though there has been a time in history when it was cool to refer to our women as bitches and hoes on a regular basis, leave them to raise the babies 7 out of 10 times, glorify bisexuality in our women...tell u what, go ask your grandparents if this was the black community that they grew up with and come back with your answer.