Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Sigh all you want tek....you really aren't being fair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33816
33816, RE: Sigh all you want tek....you really aren't being fair
Posted by BarTek, Thu Jul-14-05 01:53 AM
>What are you fighting for, Tek? To make me look like a
>racist?
>

Nope, but I want you to look introspectively at yourself as a white american male.

>
>>>Can you explain to me, how white people are not to be
>blamed?
>
>
>^^^I didn't say we aren't to be blamed. I said we aren't to be
>blamed fully...Of course white people put blacks on those
>ships, are you trying to make me look so out of touch that I
>wouldn't admit that? That was four hundred years ago. Slavery
>ended in 1867...in Galveston, Texas. Since then a different
>social dynamic has developed. I am talking about today, man.

Today, is simply the realization of yesterday. Those slave ships ignited a history that is still alive today. Slavery still exists Otto. Perhaps, most physical slavery has ended, but mental slavery persists and is much more potent. If you can enslave a people and have them kill eachother too, well, now you're talking something better than keeping them on a chain and shooting them yourself. The problem today, is much more potent than the problem yesterday. A black revolutionary has to defeat stereotype, racism, image, perception, ... ..., violence in their own community, ... ..., drug addiction, now connect that history to who flooded the ghetto's with crack/cocaine, or, who made it very easy for others to...

>The problems that exist today, post emanicipation cannot all
>be the white man's fault.

Fact is, I don't care to think about which was the black man's fault, cause that's black folk business. My business is talking to white folk about the problem. What black folk decide to do with their own issues, is their own business. You see, history has demonstrated several things to black folks; the white man knows better, the white man will educate the uncivilized, the white man will show you salvation, the white man will show you a god, the white man is god!, the white man's education is the one, etc... It does not matter if you are racist or not, all that matters, is that you are a white man, challenging black folk on shit that you don't experience or remotely understand. This shit is deeper than Hip Hop, the news...

But many are the white man's fault.
>I am not here to argue, or debate....I am here to learn.
>Frankly, you aren't black so you really didn't have to
>answer...especially since your answer isn't constructive. No
>one is trying to "civilize the less civilized." Yet, such
>statement perpetuate further division between our races.

Well. I am just wondering. You asked black folk what they can do about today, and what they can do to help themselves? Let me take a shot in the dark.

*Whoosh*

Do you have ideas about what black folk can do to help themselves?
I bet.

Have you thought about some of the issues black folks face?
Nod.

Have you experienced a few hundred of years of conditioned slavery?
Not on this level.

Do you fully understand the problem, and do you truly think, that black folks don't think about the same issues you thought about? Do you think black folks don't look for solutions? just as you have? Some of these folks are falling asleep to gun shots. I heard that shit in Kingston, it's like a loud crack, and not the cool shit on television. That is not our problem Otto. That's black folks business, that is why I challenged you on your question with "white man's burden", this burden, isn't yours. Our burden is with white folk. Now that's a real challenge Otto.

It's
>funny you totally neglected all of my statement about
>unity....to paint me as some honkey fishing for bait...."Sigh
>Otto, you are white." I know I'm white Tek, so are you! NO,
>this isn't about blame....my statement was to heed off anyone
>who would respond under the idea that this was about
>blame....but you didn't want to see that, becase it seems you
>wanted to make me look like a "guilt-stricken white man..."

I'm just challenging you with some of the same knowledge I was challenged with. I'm just trying to show you, that black folks never made you the "guilt-stricken white man", but white folks made you that.

Peace

~
In Heavy Rotation;
KRS ONE will phuck yo head up hip young emcee!

I love all Hip Hop, fuck yo preference!