Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: US ghettos is Candyland compared to Palestine.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33627&mesg_id=33787
33787, RE: US ghettos is Candyland compared to Palestine.
Posted by Ibn al Thawra, Tue Feb-12-08 09:20 AM
>True,Israel was built on the ruins of the palestine. although
>there was never ever a state called palestine...it was merely
>a "nickname" for previous conquerers (Turkish,British).

you europeans are ridiculous. as if i havent heard this a million times before. you think that because there was no european recognized state, that there was no nation. ethnocentric thinking.

there
>was a UN resolution to divide the country in two,but the arab
>Mofti at the time decided to fight instead.

why would you accept a bunch of europeans offering you half your land that was just yours the day before? it wasnt theirs to give, ever think of that?

>
>Unfortnatly,very country and every place inhibited on earth is
>a result of conquer and occupation.just take a deep look into
>the entire history of the human race all over the globe.
>

FALSE

>Personally I do not agree with my governmant actions nor any
>other government.I did'nt join the mandatory 3 years army on
>my own account.Unfortunately this complicated situation
>enforces even me to think as "us" and "them" while I'm
>basically a peaceful man.
>

as i understand it's impossible to get out of occupation service unless youre ultra-orthodox or palestinian in israel. which one are you? or is there another way?

>Gaza is surely still dependent in Israel's borders,goods and
>electricity,

that wasnt my point, that theyre dependent. my point is that theyre occupied.

they could be wiser and look at the future but
>instead choose Hamas,a terror organisation responsible for
>thousand of deaths by suicide bombers all over Israel. killing
>and especially targeting civilians.
>

they are looking to the future, thats why they chose hamas. instead of voting for the party that was systematically giving up every one of our basic rights, they voted for the party that would not compromise on what is rightfully ours...and not even what they think is rightfully ours, but what the law says. AND BY THE WAY...in your rush to deal with the west bank and avoid gaza you israelis consistently forget that hamas was not elected in gaza! they dominated the elections all over the west bank too. the only difference is that fatah worked with israel to systematically jail the majority of the hamas led parliament so they couldnt do anything.
AND...the hamas "coup"- it was a preemptive move to prevent the takeover that fatah, israel, and the us were planning with dahlan...and it wasnt even a secret.

>just so you can understand the complexity,even Egypt dont
>wanna deal with Gaza,and are worried that the actual agenda
>there is not to finish of the Israeli occupation but to
>radicalize the entire middle east into a "jihad war" against
>any liberal models.
>

really?? egypt is worried about the "jihad war???" or could it be that they dont want support for hamas to rise because theyre supported by the muslim brotherhood in egypt? and that if egypt had a halfway free election ever, the brotherhood would win. or could it be because egypt is number 2 in the world as far as us aid...behind israel of course.
always interesting to me how israelis look at egypt and jordan as beacons of hope and modernity, when theyre 2 of the least democratic countries in the world.

>oddly enough,Egypt shoot at Sudaneese refugee's escaping the
>horror inflicted opun them by their "muslim brothers" while
>Israel let them in...
>

finish the sentence...let them in and put them in jail. you still think this is all about islam, huh? most of the nations around the world that speak out for palestinian rights arent muslim.
in fact, palestinian rights are supported by the most diverse group of people around the world you can imagine. who supports israel besides jews who feel it's their obligation? evangelical christians? politicians? good company there.

>What the people over there should understand is that even in
>rough times they can still help themselves. because the worst
>occupation is mental slavery.

spare us. this shit is condescending and honestly useless from you. as if we need to take advice from you. and oddly enough, catch phrases dont always translate to real life. an apache missile will reduce your entire family to pieces, whether or not youve freed your minds. plenty of liberated minds have starved to death in gaza. it's mental slavery that controls ramallah at this point.

>
>Peace and Sallam.

your country will never allow us to attain our rights through peace, so why address me as such?

we choose resistance.
نحن شعب المقاوم و سنستمر في المقاومة