Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMulitple Lifetimes?.....Yay or Nay?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33100
33100, Mulitple Lifetimes?.....Yay or Nay?
Posted by Mau777, Wed May-18-05 04:24 AM
I would like to discuss a few subjects concerning spirit and spirit expression, but first i would like to have a general idea of who accepts the idea of multiple lifetimes. Some would say, "reincarnation" but i personally disagree with that terminology for reasons that will be discussed in my next post.

A simple yay or nay is fine, but elaboration is always welcome....unless you are christian or muslim or lean toward those paradigms. In that case just put christian or muslim and i see u. If u are apart of those belief systems, yet still accept the possibility of multiple lifetimes, I applaud you and would appreciate if you could elaborate on your perspective.

Peace
33101, RE: Mulitple Lifetimes?.....Yay or Nay?
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 06:43 AM
Htp....
I have to say I definately agree with multiple lifetimes. I had a experience last night with some spirit forces. So, I would have to say YAY!

Ankh Udja Seneb
33102, RE: Could u elaborate?
Posted by Mau777, Wed May-18-05 06:57 AM
I
>had a experience last night with some spirit forces. So, I
>would have to say YAY!
>
>Ankh Udja Seneb

RealTalkInfinite
33103, RE: Could u elaborate?
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 07:04 AM
Alright so I blazed a litttle and then went to go to bed. I went into a natural trance and was overcome by at least 20 spirits trying to talk to me at once in a language I could not understand. I also had once spirit stand over top of me and just look at me for a long time. I had to bless my home with Sage and myslef this morning.
33104, How was the vibe?
Posted by Mau777, Wed May-18-05 07:14 AM
Negative i presume considering you need to Sage the room.

RealTalkInfinite
33105, RE: Mulitple Lifetimes?.....Yay or Nay?
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 07:04 AM
..I would say Nay...
33106, Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 07:08 AM
Why would you say Nay?
33107, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 07:13 AM
...just my understanding of the purpose of culture. I dont really have a mystical side to mine (i've never been part of a religion), but I understand that certain things can be passed on, so thats my understanding of reincarnation...certain things being passed on. Personally speaking as well, one life is enough for me.
33108, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 07:46 AM
I am not religious I am a spiritualist. I believe in paying honor to our ancestors and that we are guided by our spirit guides everyday. its just a matter of whether we listen or not. Ntr and the spirits guide me everyday.
33109, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 07:51 AM
...true. Some people live on far beyond their own lifetimes.
33110, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 07:54 AM
So, do you believe that your spirit will carry on once your physical is gone?
33111, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 07:54 AM
..depends on whether it is worthy of rememberance. Or if I get a record deal.
33112, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 07:59 AM
Okay if you say so.
33113, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 08:02 AM
..I'm not trying to make up your mind. Im just offering my viewpoint.
33114, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 08:11 AM
I am taking in your point of view. Trust it would take alot more to change my mind.
33115, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 08:12 AM
..I believe that it would. There are very few differences in our view point. merely the direction we took to reach this understanding.
33116, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 08:17 AM
So, how do you classify unexplainable occurances?
33117, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 08:19 AM
..the human mind has faculties beyond the understanding of rationality and reason.
33118, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 08:24 AM
So, you look at things from an intellectual point of view. I can understand that.
33119, RE: Hum....
Posted by The Lemon Kid, Wed May-18-05 08:26 AM
...but my intellect is dictated by my instincts. I also practice art to get in touch with that unconcious side of my mind. I also rely on my imagination to provide flights of inspiration. The imagination has much untapped potential.
33120, RE: Hum....
Posted by AfrakanDarkBeauty, Wed May-18-05 08:31 AM
Very True
33121, i don't think
Posted by LexM, Wed May-18-05 11:19 AM
i could be who i am unless i carried *something* over from another existence.

so, yes. i believe in them.

~~~~
~fear is the mind-killer~

yeah i'm here...http://www.myspace.com/omidele
33122, Yay
Posted by Nettrice, Wed May-18-05 12:16 PM
In grad school, I went to a lecture about West African art and culture. It's been a while and I can't remember what tribe the guy was referring to but the one thing that stuck with me all these years is that life is continual. The process goes from birth to a point of transition in one's teens and later when the person's "parachute" opens and they achieve their goals/purpose to dying and their spirit entering the ether for the next generation. In this case, the process was/is so important that people where punished if they conceived a child under the influence (of drugs, alcohol, etc.) Why? Because it weakened the energy channel that creates life.

I have a weird connection to animals...most natural things, including children. Dogs will leave their owners' sides to sit with me or even jump into my lap. Babies and children will look or wave at me as if they know me. It used to freak me out...but that was because I was feeding off of other people's reactions. My neighbor had a puppy who would jump into my arms and, perpelexed, people would ask, "Does she know this dog?" I'd shrug and escape as soon as possible.

This connection or being aware of this kind of relationship to nature was the first indicator that there was a process or flow that creates life over and over. All living things come from this flow and will return...only to come to life, again. This is best represented in the word "namaste" or honoring that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you, there is only one of us...this means the life continues even when there is death (a part of the cycle).
33123, RE: Yay
Posted by lidawg, Thu May-19-05 01:34 PM
i agree with your sentiments.
i too am a spiritualist that believes that life is continual. i also believe that our various lifetimes may be those of our ancestors/egun.

i'm enjoying this post.

li
33124, RE: Yay
Posted by Mau777, Mon May-23-05 11:21 AM
>i also believe that our various lifetimes may be those of our
>ancestors/egun.
>

Do you think those "ancestors" are all African and thus all of your other lifetimes were/are African experiences?

RealTalkInfinite
33125, RE: Yay
Posted by lidawg, Tue May-24-05 03:30 PM
no, i don't think all of my ancestors are african..i'd be utterly remiss if i did think that.

it's funny...i meet ppl (typically white) that swear they know me...perhaps it's a spiritual recognition, i don't know. it used to bother me but i became accustomed to it.

peace!
li
33126, That White girl in Congolese dance class...
Posted by Mau777, Wed May-25-05 11:17 AM
...who you can`t seem to figure out how the hell she got that damn good....I mean she be hittin` the moves like she str8 from the continent and she don`t even kick it with Black people. The first thing people say, "She must`ve been Black in her last life."

RealTalkInfinite
33127, Yay!
Posted by Jahmir, Wed May-18-05 03:51 PM
...I also was thinking lot bout syncron-lifetimes,
and what happens if u meet another u!
or another parralel or synron incarnation from yo soul,
and what is, if u fall in love with this person(you), shit yo self-love must have a high-high development, if it comes good, its your soul-love.....
so from the view/perspective that we all have a soul-a center-higher self thats outside of time and space and from where we (our spirit comes) and enter this humanbody,(+3d-"awake" mode)
and that the soul sends many incarnations at the "same time"/paralell/syncron,
on this earth, or on other planets, or galaxies,dimensions.....
so I was thinking and meditating how this incarnations of the own self interact with each other and if, on which level, how? on the sub-conciouness, dreams, meditation....
or/& is it like einsteins chaos theorie......so if u have a heavy headache and u dont know why.....maybe its cause a "different incarnation" of your-(higher)self goes through big troubles.......

i think its a fusion of all this.....inna daily-, higher-, sub- & asleep-consciousness,
and i think it can help, 2 conect us more with our soul and with knowledge and also loose "knowledge" that we donnt need, get mo free........
maybe some will say its not important......cause we are all conected so dont care bout it....
but I think it can help u 2 understand this step by step and also if u look unda a microscope, u get nu perspectives and understanding 2!
atoms...geometry

but yeah its a important topic, cause probably the time comes soon where we have 2 syncron and fuse with our soul, also on this earth
fa real

positive imaginations

tribe d.

33128, RE: Yay!
Posted by Mau777, Wed May-18-05 11:29 PM
All this is in line with the dialogue i would like to happen.

Peace
33129, alright give some food, give the dialogue some food
Posted by Jahmir, Sat May-21-05 12:32 PM
>All this is in line with the dialogue i would like to
>happen.
>
>Peace

....discusing this topic is very difficult 4 me.......spirit is so complex and at the same time easy....if u can experiece the spirit, and the soul....
there are sooo many lifetimes, we life syncrone and also the life we life as the person, the human we know now (or start 2 know)... is multidimensional, we dont have just the physical body we also have a energetic/astral body.....many of them many.....
this is not just bla bla shamans studied this shit and archived since tousands of years,
fusion and syncronisation are i guess importand keys, we have 2 use fusion...like percusion, shake it like a drum 2 wake us and bring us back 2 our natural rhythem..... in situations in this actions etc,....and 2 fuse(!percusion! tatat nu sound-nu view) it with other perspectives, so we dont get in the cage, the prison of one perspective....and we give 2 much power 2 this perspective,
no knowledge as true as they might be should put my imagination in a cage,
...imagination is more important than knowledge, we have 2 remember that we are here 2 learn 2 create realities.....this i also have 2 remember my self again and again,.....blow this remember-weel like a tibetian-prayer-weel,.!Atention! dont drift away in poetry...not now
ok yeah back 2 the left brain-side....the "male" brain side its the side that helps 2 structure the soulfull-thoughts and feeling(who are sometimes very confused....or should is say creative anyway) the left brain side helps 2 project this thoughts and visions into the outside like a hologramm....and than cultivate them,
the right brain side is the "female side" the place of the visions....the bridge 2 the collective-unconsciousness.....and also the personal....
jung would say the place of the anima.....the sea of unconsciousness, where we are in "danger" 2 get in full/fool.....and if we clever we can get overthere 2 our soul through the darkness, through our shadow.....we also have 2 front with the shadow cause more and more u put yo shadow down it grows grows,...and get real fucked up (like the downpresed sexuality of some catolic priests who turns 2 a children-abusing monster)
i think collective its now the time were every thing what was sooo long downpressed into the (collective)-unconsciousness comes up NOW, cause we are short be4 the next step of human-evolution
... any way 2 fuse/syncrone left and right brain side is very importand,
meditation makes this 4 u if it goes good, and if u are lucky and brave enough u may have a obe....or a ibe (inner body experience).....
get a more fine-tune,..and be able to control the freeequency..
2 get 2 a obe u can also use the tool of visualisation......visualise when u are lieing in yo bed,...a room u know very good maybe the living room of your parents, really feel the room....yo feets when they touch the floor, sit down on the comfortable couch,....be realy there,....

see what happen....

peace
33130, RE: alright give some food, give the dialogue some food
Posted by Mau777, Mon May-23-05 11:17 AM
Simultaneous Incarnations?

RealTalkInfinite
33131, Yay - christian
Posted by mambo_ndimi, Thu May-19-05 04:52 AM
I beleive our spirits are minifest in this time and place as our physical being and that elements of our growth and development (e.g speech, co-ordination etc ) are the spirits acquirement of the means to interacting with other spirits through their own physical being.

I think spriritual awareness is vital because as surely as our bodies are dying from the moment we are born, our spirits must develop and acheive expression through our bodies in preparation for the next manifestation( following death).

-------------sig-------------------
"you have always been and will always be tiresome as long as your goal is not productive thought but self-aggrandizement. I've never once read a positive or constructive comment out of your simplistic, black and white mind."
WheatToast spreading love on okayactivist
33132, So u are saying that...
Posted by Mau777, Thu May-19-05 09:13 AM
...though you are christian, you do not hold the belief that we are born in sin and essentially animals until the "holy spirit" enters us?

You believe that we existed prior to this current physical life and that physical life itself, is just a means for develpoment of the spirit?

Am i understanding you correctly?
33133, RE: So u are saying that...
Posted by mambo_ndimi, Thu May-19-05 11:46 AM
i can answer your question, but i'd first like to know how u reached that conclusion from my post?

neither the topic nor my post were specific to any religous beleif and also, i was trying to avoid a religous debate as they are rarely uplifting or even stimulating.

"you have always been and will always be tiresome as long as your goal is not productive thought but self-aggrandizement. I've never once read a positive or constructive comment out of your simplistic, black and white mind."
WheatToast spreading love on okayactivist
33134, You Said...
Posted by Mau777, Mon May-23-05 11:06 AM
...."Yay-christian"

I took it as you agree with the multi-lives and you are Christian.

Peace
33135, Nay
Posted by nonaime, Wed May-18-05 05:00 PM
Interested in seeing the post though.
33136, Not entirely certain about this one yet.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed May-18-05 05:49 PM
33137, Mulitple Lifetimes?
Posted by moot_point, Thu May-19-05 09:19 AM
It's a nice idea but I doubt it.

Unless you count existing as wormfood as your 'next lifetime'.
33138, Yay- Dont usually say much but....
Posted by mankara, Thu May-19-05 12:10 PM
While I also don't sit well with the term "reincarnation" I do believe I've been here longer than my actual current birth cycle. I don't feel as if I've died and returned but that I never left between life experiences. I meet people and know that I've known their spirits for quite some time. I think there are signs of living in more than one lifetime everywhere. I specifically remember noticing one day when I was around 12 that my younger sister who was maybe 3 or 4 at the time could easily navigate our house in the dark. Obiviously my parents dismissed this as
"just not as clumsy as you" but it occured to me at that very moment that she'd lived there before. Our spirits are so connected on so many levels, and I believe we naturally are attracted to the smae spirits over and over again...still thinking, come back to me later.

i write
akhe-na-ton
33139, been thinking about death more
Posted by AnnieOakley, Thu May-19-05 03:25 PM
i just want to go to heaven. i don't want to relive, sh**. Just let me die.
33140, RE: Mulitple Lifetimes?.....Yay or Nay?
Posted by chief1284, Thu May-19-05 03:48 PM
I've got more time for ideas like this than a set afterlife in the Islamic/Christian/Judeo form. But when it comes down to it, I'm still sticking with a nay.
33141, Nay
Posted by The Damaja, Wed May-25-05 12:19 PM
you get one lifetime
but you have to relive it over and over again
like when you die you get a video tape of your entire life and you can watch it
33142, Yay...
Posted by PharO, Wed May-25-05 01:55 PM
...I definitely believe that we have lived multiple "physical" lives and that our spiritual essence is continual...meaning, our soul never dies.

I also believe, to an extent, that many of our spirits exist in groups. For instance, just looking at the way that I interact with my mother and my grandmother is so unique to how I interact with anyone else...like at some point in time, I was the elder of the crew, and now it's their turn to be.

The main thing in all of this, I guess, is what you consider to be the meaning of life. To me, your "physical" life seems to be about experiencing, learning from that experience, and growing. There are certain lessons in your life that you are supposed to have in order for your spiritual self to grow. When you don't learn from those lessons, you will repeat them in another life and then another until you learn those or that lesson.

When I listen to people ask, "Well, why did she do that?" or "Why did he murder those people?", there are multiple lessons for all of those involved, whether directly or indirectly, to learn from...meaning the murdered, the murderer, the families of both sides, or even someone who read the article about the murder.

The scary thing is not knowing what lessons you are supposed to be learning and what your destiny is in this particular life. I try not to worry about that and take things as they come, but I am very careful to examine my experience, whether large or small, to see what it is I could possibly learn from it. Maybe it's not really about me learning from the situation, but I went through it to affect someone else's life...like having a child so that child can grow up and protect someone else that you may never meet.

The question I have though, if there is a thing as living multiple lives, do our spirits progress chronologically through time and space?
33143, What is a soul?
Posted by Dun_Duddah, Wed May-25-05 08:19 PM
I think that the concept of multiple lifetimes has been blown out of proportion through man's fear of man's God and our own vivid imaginaions being dulled by television and other forms of media to the point that our brains are chomping at the bit to bite onto some fantacist idea and hold on for dear life.

Nevertheless, I believe in life after death, through other means.

I've learned that every trait, characteristic, feeling, emotion, sentiment, and thought we use to define ourselves as living, breathing humans was taught to us, through direct receptive learning, or through other, more heartless methods like the infliction of pain or fear or doubt. If one goes back through his/her own experiences, they'll see that everything could've turned out totally different had something been altered in that person's past. I wouldn't be the man I am today had I been raised in a basement in Uganda and taught completely different things about my place in the world and what it means to be a human being. Due to this, I've begun to question who really lives and dies in the first place, if everything we know about this world came from this world(specific reigons, areas, cultures), and therefore can be altered, positively or negatively.

If you want to live after you die, learn and teach. Since everything we know comes from this Earth, the only way to gaurantee your own immortality is to teach as many people as you can as many things as you can, to ensure that these pieces of information will be here for the next generation to use, and build with. Evolution in action, killah.
33144, a question
Posted by Mau777, Sun May-29-05 11:45 PM

>I've learned that every trait, characteristic, feeling,
>emotion, sentiment, and thought we use to define ourselves as
>living, breathing humans was taught to us, through direct
>receptive learning, or through other, more heartless methods
>like the infliction of pain or fear or doubt.

What about that White girl in African dance class who is so good, she got everyone saying, "she got some Black in her somewhere"? When she leaves that class she goes straight back to the hills, around nothing but White folks, where she has always grown up.

RealTalkInfinite
33145, RE: good response
Posted by Mau777, Sun May-29-05 11:29 PM

>The question I have though, if there is a thing as living
>multiple lives, do our spirits progress chronologically
>through time and space?

Good question.

The answer lies in whether or not "spirit" or the "spirit world" are operating under the same laws as the physical world. I would say no, they are mos def not. This is one reason why i don`t say "reincarnation".

What do you think?

33146, I have to...
Posted by PharO, Mon May-30-05 05:52 AM
...agree with you. "Time is an illusion".

Besides for that, your spirit is Eternal. There is no concept of time in spirituality. So, to suggest a past life experience had to have taken place in our physical "past" would be non-sensical. Your last past life could have occured centuries down the line. But it's not the physical life that is important to the soul's growth, it's the experiences. Time has no hold on experience.
33147, RE: I have to...
Posted by Mau777, Tue May-31-05 07:18 AM
But it's not the physical life that
>is important to the soul's growth, it's the experiences. Time
>has no hold on experience.

WORD!

Stick around....I wanna delve further into this in an upcoming post.

Peace
33148, I'm not sure
Posted by NfectionOfTruth, Fri May-27-05 09:40 AM
I'm going to go with YAY only because of my many experiences with deja vu and I can't explain how people have such "old souls" in my own lifetime i've felt like i've been here before theres a familarity with earth that i can't explain...

but this is just one woman's take on it
33149, Nay
Posted by Francirevolutionara, Sun May-29-05 11:44 PM
I am just dealing with multiples ME in this only life