Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Failure to read Luke 6:31maybe?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32723&mesg_id=32744
32744, RE: Failure to read Luke 6:31maybe?
Posted by KSol, Wed Jun-01-05 12:27 PM
>Sometimes, I should take heed of my own thoughts. Thanks for
>bringing up some valid points. I agree with all of them. I
>should have said "some" not all.

Hey no prob, this is what civilized dialogue is all about. I wish more people could communicate like this instead of arguing.

>It's all about being able to tolerate, not hate.

Tolerating is allowing something to happen that you know shouldn't be happening; being passive. I'm not passive when it comes to the word of God and it's stance on untolerable lifestyles and/or circumstances.

Say for instance you have a life raft and your on the boat and you see a person who's fallen overboard, drowning in a fierce storm in the ocean, and you just say "well I can see that he/she needs this life raft but I don't wanna throw it to them because I might throw it wrong and hit 'em in the head and they might get mad at me" ??!!!...you've just tolerated their death when you had a means to save them because of caution and you didn't want to offend them. Now I'm accountable for their death(in light of God because He sees all) because I had the means but didn't utilize it.

You're right, I don't hate at all, I love; and try to love unconditionally. In actuality, if I hated a person I WOULD TOLERATE THEM UNTIL THEY FINALLY CROAKED! But if you love a person, you will not tolerate what they're doing and rebuke them... like a mother/father gets on her/his kids:

Heb. 12:5-11 "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.

7If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

If they are
>living "in the wrong light", that's them. God holds everyone
>accountable for themselves. So, if this it true, you should be
>at peace to know that.

I have to disagree. What kind of world would this be if everyone had this "well thank God it's not me... God be with 'em... now on with my life" mentality?

God holds me accountable for knowing something's wrong and not speaking what is right. It's sorta like the old saying, "by not saying somethin'... you're saying somethin'". I have a responsibility to speak God's truth and I'm accountable for everyone that I don't speak it to when I know I should've. It's impossible for me to be at peace when I know someone's drowning in sin.

I know a certain... er, "domination"...
>that isn't.

Which one is that? I'm non-denom. I just love the bible and Jesus... no traditions.