Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectnope
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32291&mesg_id=32453
32453, nope
Posted by inVerse, Sat May-21-05 04:24 PM
>Absolutely, but it doesn't make them any less valuable.

It most definitely does. Cause according to you, it is only your opinion that they're valuable, an opinion which is no more right than the opposing opinion, according to you.

There is no intrinsic value in your worldview. It would be philosophically unacceptable for there to be. There is only subjective projected value, and if that's ALL that there is, then they're (your values) meaningless to anybody but you.

So, when you say "that person SHOULDN'T have kidnapped my son", you're making a meaningless statement. This is unavoidable, it can't be argued around.

>>Now I'll give you an instantiation: "Raping babies is
>>wrong".
>>
>>I say that is a fact.
>>
>>You say that is just an opinion.
>>
>>

>Firstly, you used a (perhaps undeliberate) rhetorical trick
>here. I didn't say 'just' an opinion.

It doesn't matter! In your world OPINIONS are ALL THAT THERE IS. Therefore an opinon is utterly USELESS in debating or reasoning with ANYONE. There is NO point of reference in your worldview.

So it doesn't matter whether you said "just" or not, it is implied in your worldview.

>Secondly, how is what you wrote a fact?

So it is not a fact that "raping babies is wrong"?

Is it merely an opinion that you hold? Tell me then, what makes it more correct than the holder of the opposite opinion? Why do you deny that he should have the right to act on his opinions?

Under your view here, you'd be an utter hypocrite to chastise someone for raping a baby.

All I'm doin' here is exposing the logical consequence of your worldview.

>However, my subjective view (my dogma) and the view of
>millions others that it is wrong. So it is illegal. If anybody
>has a problem with it, then tough shit!!

And there you are, now, according to your worldview, might makes right. If enough people decide that black people are 3/5 human and should be herded and worked like animals... then it IS SO.

All I'm doin here is exposing the logical consequence of your worldview.

peace.