Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: we whites need to STEP THE FUCK BACK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31965&mesg_id=32042
32042, RE: we whites need to STEP THE FUCK BACK
Posted by BarTek, Tue Dec-06-05 03:57 AM
>The liberal critique of race argues that racial equality can
>be achieved through reforming white-dominated institutions.
>Accordingly, it appeals to the sympathy of whites, and places
>people of color in a subsidiary role of eliciting sympathy,
>relating their “narratives” (as the PoMo academy has it) and
>petitioning and marching and protesting police brutality every
>fucking year.

I never take part in any protest organized by black folks. The black revolution, is just that, the black revolution. I am fighting for the white revolution. Sorry, your first paragraph fails to identify me. I don't want anything to do with the black revolution. I want to reform white-dominated institutions, for one very simple and clear purpos: To remove oppressive and racist leaders from power. Whatever black folks do there after, is their business. Also, can you please break down this statement for me:

"Accordingly, it appeals to the sympathy of whites, and places
>people of color in a subsidiary role of eliciting sympathy,
>relating their “narratives”"

>
>The radical critique of race argues that white supremacy can
>only be destroyed through revolution, through a massive
>restructuring of American society; through reparations to
>African-American, Native-American and all colonized Third
>World communities by whites who have concentrated wealth from
>their suffering. This necessarily involves resource
>redistribution. If the tax system was restructured, the public
>school and health-care facilities of American’s black and
>brown neighborhoods could be fixed tomorrow. Do we see white
>liberals fighting for this? No, because they're too materially
>invested in the current system to get off their asses and do
>something.

I am fighting for this. I am not a liberal, thus.

>
>If white supremacy is going to be destroyed, the future must
>belong to people of color, and whites such as myself and
>others can play a constructive (but not a central) role in
>this.

I disagree. That is impossible. White supremacy was constructed by the white man, and it can only be deconstructed by the white man. Black folks do not know the power or experience of white privelege, how can they possibly understand how to dismantle it? if black folks decided to dismantle white privelege, what do you think would happen?

In turn, can a white man go into an African country and govern and reform?

No.

We cannot co-opt and paternalistically try to lead
>anti-racist movements.

I do not want to lead any black people, or anti-racist movements. However, I am entitled to my role in it, afterall, I am white, and it was white people that set the prison bars in place. It would be foolish for you and I to think that black people can't help. Black people are more than able to lead themselves. All I want to do is kick a few doors down, share knowledge and experience. I don't want to get involved in the Black Struggle, I am in a White Struggle. I want to make that very clear.

They aren't ours to take, and the focus
>can’t be on us! This is something Bartek needs to learn.

What have I attempted to take? I was accused of being a racist, and I came here to address the sespool of ignorance used to define and label me. You must be mad if you think I will allow myself to be defined so absolutley.

"and the focus can't be on us"

^^^ That is a contradiction. You just said, that we must not get involved in anti racist movements and black peoples movements. So, I am puzzled. If the focus can't be on us as "white people", should it be focused on "black people".

That would imply that we would try to lead black people, exactly what you are saying we cannot do.

Make up your mind.

OFCOURSE THE FOCUS HAS TO BE ON US. White people robbed the earth my friend. How can we, as white people not focus on us? lol

Only white folks can dismantle white supremacy. We know how it works, we know how it operates, and we know how to use it. Black folks, lack the experience, so any information they provide on white supremacy will not be objective truth, becuase, black folks will always be the victim. Do you understand?

If you really want to help, you cannot abandon everything and say, "Okay black folks, you guys can govern us now. It's your turn!" You and I know, that this is 2005, and that will simply not happen, and that is what you are suggesting. Sheer lunacy!

>Narcissism is inculcated in us whites by virtue of
>experiencing ourselves at the political/cultural center from
>day one, and we need to STEP THE FUCK BACK if we are to be
>anything but obstacles in the road to human liberation.
>

^^^ We cannot step the fuck back. What you are suggesting will breed violence. You will not like to be told what to do. So be prepared to live by your words when the time comes.

Peace

~After 12, I'm worse than a gremlin, feed me Hip Hop and I start trembling! (c) Rakim

~Yes to Sex.. No to War.. Fighting is Frightening.. Yes to Sex.. It's so Much More Exciting! (c) BEP

http://www.myspace.com/bartek
http://www.soundclick.com/djbartek