Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectConsider this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31578&mesg_id=31660
31660, Consider this...
Posted by Mau777, Tue Oct-25-05 07:21 AM
>i mean, it's one thing at 10 yrs old.

It's cute at this age. Though they,imo, have a great solution to their situation, they will be socialized by others that this is "wrong".

let's see how that
>might go at, like, 14-16.

The standard will always be one on one relations. Yet,
because of the misunderstanding/education of polygamous relations, these same 2 girls have eliminated a possible successful 3 way and will now have the potential to fight over a guy they want, possibly ending their friendship. There's an even greater chance of this if they are both attractive and one is having trouble finding a mate....at this age, hormones and insecurity is in full effect anyway, problems and drama will result no matter what.

>
>or if you know you're not gonna have any kids.

well, i'm not having any....*shrugs*

>
>i suppose it all depends on what "commitment" means to you.

Ultimately, that's what it comes down to. Each person/couple decides the nature of the commitment. I think the desire to control how another person shares their energy and who they share it with, is rooted in the desire for ego preservation. The other person is your source of energy(emotion, physical, etc.) and the thought of someone else receiving that energy as well is threatening. 'Will he/she leave me?', is the thinking.
I am in the view, that it's much better to be committed to principles that allow growth between individuals and it's these principles that unite and hold the bond and not just the physical/emotional/financial attraction. When 2 people KNOW that their combo allows for a consistent forward progression on all levels, whether or not i/she spends the night with that woman/man has absolutely no effect on the status of their relationship. In this type of relationship a "one night stand" could be openly discussed. This DOES take a high level of ego checking though.

>
>polygyny to me just = dating. i would not bring children into
>that kind of situation.

Polygamy is effective only if you got mature individuals involved. It's definitely not dating. It's about harmony and what energy combos allow for the growth of all involved. I've known quite a few involved in these type of relations and children are involved in all of them and they have been going for many years with some of them. Men generally do not have a problem "spreading love" and will always do so, so being in a relationship with 2 women would not be difficult if the man and women were mature enough not to get caught up in energy competition games.

RealTalkInfinite