Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31578&mesg_id=31611
31611, No,
Posted by ya Setshego, Mon Oct-24-05 09:46 AM
right now, it's about neck-and-neck, in terms of the rates AA women being infected by i.v. drug use(of their own, &/or their partner's), and "other factors" (bi partners, former cons as a lovers, tattooed partners, what-have-you). The tattooing is not the major concern in the prisons, although it IS a factor. The BIGGEST concern is the sex w/o condom use(b/c they are not allowed to have any). They used to steal my condoms when I went into MDOC facilities to do presentations. Not that I minded, but I would get in trouble when my condom count came up short, and the p.o.s suspected that they were using the condoms to smuggle drugs in through their rectums. I was dealing w/ a bunch of REALLY horny broads, who had been THOROUGHLY educated on the risks of HIV & other STDs. I think they were 'hooking up' w/ some of those young bros. in cleaning closets, and hallways, myself. Same thing when I would go into the DD facilities. People w. MR have hormones too.

>>i think that the number of blk women being infected is
>probably more likely from IV drug using partners and/or
>partners infected during incarceration--and not necessarily
>from rape/anal sex. prison tattooing is another factor.
>
>this DL thing is simply...sketchy at best.