Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe name ever child of God should CALL God...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31135&mesg_id=31388
31388, The name ever child of God should CALL God...
Posted by 2real, Wed Aug-24-05 10:42 AM
is what they were told to call him.

Father

Our Father who is heaven,
HOLY is your NAME.
Let your kingdom come
and your will be done
on this earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us of our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Do not lead us into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For yours is the Kingdom,
the Power, and the Glory,
for Ever and Ever.
Amen

We had the discussion about different titles we were called instead of our name, Dad is one of them for me. I don't want my children calling me out of my name either. When I think of the "ten commandments" and not taking YAHweh's name in vain, think hard about what vain truly means. All of the mysticisms that we know use the tetragrammaton for their own selfish desires, not for building the Kingdom of YAH. Oft times when we pray we pray selfishly. Just because we know YAH's name does not mean we use it every time we think of God. "HOLY IS YOUR NAME." WE DO NOT APPROACH SOMETHING HOLY WITH OUR SHOES ON (in other words, any way we like). The word that has been translated as "vain" in the hebrew means "untruth" as in a sham, decietfully, without cause (or more specifically without good cause). What is good cause? Anything that edifies YAH's kingdom. My children call me without good cause ALL the TIME, however that does not mean I will not listen (but watch what happens when one of my children calls me by my real name without any reason, a whole notha side of the brotha creeps out)

YAHshua commanded that we pray calling God "Father" (If you would like for me to explain why not Mother, reply and I will do my best, or just jump over to the female divine board). When God told Moses I AM that I AM it was more for pharoah to understand that Moses had charge from the BIG BOSS, not one of the angels in charge of the weather (we must understand the context). Nowhere in that passage does it state that we as a nation are to call God I AM that I AM.

So as far as what we are to call God, it is clearly stated. We call Him Father, for He is Father to us all.

PEACE AND MUCH LOVE