Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: As a fellow Baltimorean
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=30206&mesg_id=30256
30256, RE: As a fellow Baltimorean
Posted by kamau111572, Thu Apr-21-05 04:23 AM
That's why my theory came to mind. Our change has to come from within. And future change within a community is usually dictated by what people feel about themselves individually as well as collectively. The community has been torn down by the drug trade. We can rebuild it by strengthening the relationships between our women and men. I know that there is love there...strong love...just thinking about the way it manifests itself and trying to see if there is a way to inject a subtle change that will have massive ripple effects for our children and generations to come. Great change has been made through the efforts of relationships especially when sex comes into play. I'm saying let's make some strong decisions in this development. Sex, for better or worse is an effective motivator for men. I hope women start to use this motivator to exact a positive change. I've heard about women using sex to trap men or manipulate them...this can be turned on its head to produce a result much more powerful than they ever thought. Imagine the spring of creativity that could come about in the face of a dwindled drug trade...all of those entrepeneurs who were slinging now operating their own businesses, truly supporting families, possibly even adopting a religion to advance their spirituality...perhaps I'm dreaming but for some reason, I think that this could work.

On another note, are you going to Russell Simmons' workshops at Morgan State today?