Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectDifferent directions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25013&mesg_id=25072
25072, Different directions
Posted by Mesnjah, Thu Mar-08-01 07:44 AM
Solarus - I understand the type of school you, utamaroho and cued are proposing, but what I was talking about was mainly the benefits of having a school integrated into the community, a school which probably would not be as iconoclastic or Afrikan-centered in its teachings and structure as yours. I think there are elements of your school proposal which could uplift and empower children anywhere and strengthen the community better than the schools we have today do. I was just taking your idea in a slightly different direction. I'm not describing a school that would go so far in turning western culture upside down, just own with a more holistic approach to the student, a more cooperative learning process between students, and better integration between students, parents, and the wider community.

MJ

We keep it type raw, and know exactly what we fight for / when the nightfall come, we in the right war / Cats who spill blood for a cause, not just because / Defy the authority and follow God's law / Revolutionary entrepeneurs... - Talib