Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthis has been an issue for years
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22880&mesg_id=22923
22923, this has been an issue for years
Posted by guest, Fri Jul-28-00 04:28 PM
Immediate questions come to mind when I read this

1. do you know the answers to these questions and just wanting to spark discussion? (off the topic but just curious)
2. have you ever really sat down and thought about why mind games… or hesitation may be necessary?
3. How many African women do you have a close friendship with or know

Okay well… enough with the questions

It's weird too, that most of my peers (educated, single black women) hold these contradictory standards when it comes to who they will date, and don't do anything to try and work on the emotional problems that a lot of us have that make us " un-dateable”

Now I infact have also observed the same thing. There are a lot of double standards and a lot of hang ups… but that’s the problem right there in my opinion.
Maybe before we try to explore dating and serious relationships… we should get to know our entire selves as wholistic (non fractional) women. You can never NEVER have a healthy union with another as long as you don’t have a correct understanding of yourself, historically, culturally, spiritually, physically, emotionally…etc and I see this as a problem… Im not saying that we shouldn’t date until we have reached perfection… Im simply saying that there is a certain point that we must reach… a certain amount of growth must take place.

And as far as the whole thing goes with sistahs being attracted to men for superficial reasons… or playing mind games… or not sharing your interests…

Well I do belive that it is an observation and unintentionally a generalization… but we all do that whether we know it or not so no biggie right?
But really you have to, if you wanna establish a relationship with a “Black” woman, truly look deeper than the surface… which is also one of your requests right? There are so many reasons why we have these insecurity issues. And understand that not everyone in life has been exposed to culture in an acceptable easy-to grasp- fashion… and Black men are OBLIGATED… yes I said OBLIGATED to assist in healing the womb and spirit of the African woman… especially if they recognize that there is a problem. And the same goes for African women as well... this isnt just some topic that is "great for disscussion" this is a disease... you gotta wonder why we face so many problems in life as black people as a whole... well because we join in these incomplete and unbalanced unions and breed incomplete unbalanced children... this is one of the reasons why we cant bring ourselves out of the slump we in. how do we ever manifest a solid nation if the foundation (realtionship/family) is shaky as shit...

I have been quite vague so if anyone has questions or seeks further explanation let me know… because I do have the answers (not on some cocky shit either… but this is my life so I know it well)
Peace

as i paint to the wind's breath
freestyle to my footsteps
and create till the heartbeat's got no rhythm left...
-archangel_500years

Amina... everything is honky dory
-mikeONE