Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectPlease don't type in all caps....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22880&mesg_id=22903
22903, Please don't type in all caps....
Posted by BooDaah, Fri Jul-28-00 06:42 AM
....it gives me a headache (seriously). When I read it, it translates to yelling in my head.

Now, back on topic (i'm gonna ramble, so stay with me):

>WHY CAN'T PROGRESSIVE
>BLACK MEN AND WOMEN CAN
>GET TOGETHER

One needs to learn to filter the sound from the noise. If you talk to 10,000 different people and the first 9,999 of them are ignant it'll just help you to appreciate the next one that much more if they have some sense. Patience is a virtue.

On a different not, pay attention to where you look. You aren't going to find a diamond in a junkyard.

...and most importantly, work on being the best you you can be and have a little faith that whomever you're supposed to be with is doing the same. again, if you're meant to be with someone (and some folk need to realize that not everyone is gonna find someone, and learn to deal with it) it'll happen. there is really far too much else to worry abut than something that you really can't do very much to control.

to sum it up, ultimately you have two choices:

1. actively search and understand that you may have to sift through (and put up with) a lot of mess

2. prepare yourself and wait for your mate to come across your path

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
step 1. inform yourself step /step 2. inform others/step 3. discuss the problem /step 4. DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/step 5. EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/step 6. evaluate how well the solution worked/step 7. start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------
Coolest thing I've read on OKP recently (courtesy of Quinn):
"when eminem gets on the cover of some teen fan zine with nick from n'sync, kevin from bsb and sisqo, it's because america is more comfortable with a white guy rapping about rapeing his mother than method man rapping about anything."
-------------------------------