Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwell..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22778&mesg_id=22842
22842, well..
Posted by BooDaah, Fri Aug-04-00 07:49 AM
>No doubt. But does that
>mean that I should be
>silent?

nope. say your piece and leve it at that. those who are down will build with you, those who aren't will wanna discuss it more.

>When I read the oppositions words,
>I get a sense of
>"who are you to point
>fingers" But at the
>same time, the rebuttles they
>give are just as "finger
>pointing"

that's the beauty of chasing one's tail. it only leads you in a circle. by the way who is "the opposition"?

>Is it wrong to wonder why
>groups with social consciousness have
>disappeared?

no. but it's a whole lot easier to make the obervation and start a new one (follow your own advice: take persoanl responsibility)

>Is it wrong to wonder why
>lyricist (sp) have turned away
>from that?

no. but the answer to that is obvious: because more are interested in getting paid than otherwise.

>Is it wrong to know that
>children and even grown people
>are listening and perhaps hoping
>some of the time used
>to boob their heads can
>be used to fill their
>heads - with knowledge?

nope. but (again) just make sure that if (and it's a big if) they decide to get some food instead of candy that they have some. write a book, cut a record, do whatever. you can lead a horse to water....

>I don't think any one's excused...
>And everybody should be adding
>on before they move on.

i agree, but i know not everyone shares this ideal. and i don't spend too much time trying to change the spots of a lepard if ya know what i'm saying.

> And if your addition
>is not positive, I take
>issue.

fine. take issue. but if you spend too much time telling folk how wrong they are (or simply observing out loud) you either be seen as a fussy complainer, or at minimum will have wasted energy you could have spent MAKING SOMETHING HAPPEN.

>I grow weary......

me too. but anita and the winans said, "ain't no need to worry, what the night is gonna bring. it'll be all over in the morning"

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
Step1:inform yourself step/Step2:inform others/Step3:discuss the problem/Step4: DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/Step5:EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/Step6:evaluate the results/Step7:start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------