Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHip Hop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22778&mesg_id=22807
22807, Hip Hop
Posted by judicem, Tue Aug-01-00 08:23 AM
So my girl the other day side-kicked along with me to the Black book store to get Assata's new book. And she said "I just can't get into that Black Consciousness Thing"

We will always have the people who fight for improvement of society and those who become comfortable with the condition of society. Is that wrong?

I love that there's a such thing called "underground hip hop." Because I fear that when everyone jumps on the bandwagon it will become impure. I love going to a show and being able to just walk up and say "hey that shit was tight." I love not being crowded by all the money, gold, and narrow minds. The vibe is pure but will it remain that way if Hip Hop conscious that is, becomes mainstream?

Their must remain a balance their must always be something for you to be on the opposite end of or stand in the middle from either end. The Bling Bling is neccesary for me to be reminded why I am disgusted with society. And why we are letting a group of 19 and 20 year olds raise or children. And why I am so against this Industrialized capitalistic nation. Why I praise my ancestors who praised the natural earth.

Let the comfortable fall into the sleep of America. It makes my fight stronger. Keep the fight pure and the music innocent "the children always tell the truth."

My qualms come from the fact that we have artist not naming any names who can one minute write and album asking the mayor, governor, and mf president to listen to him but then can turn around and write another album chanting to big booty girls sippn' on Kyrstal about how they got to pay him back. Figure your self out! Are you for the cause or not because that's the type of shit that be f*&king everybody up. Not knowing who to tell the where the revolution is going to be. Okay I over exaggerate but for real I think we do need everybody whether your an artist, entertainer, activist, or a person with two kids and a nine to five...to step up to that level of self-improvement. Find yourself, by yourself.

Long enough...
Peace and Blessings.