Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: bookclub suggestion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=22172&mesg_id=22197
22197, RE: bookclub suggestion
Posted by unity, Thu Aug-17-00 12:24 PM
yah, i agree with not trying to tempt people to read with gimmics and stuff...although folks have been tempted to post to this thread with the promise of a t-shirt... ;-)

anyhow, i think some small sort of prize is cool and everything, but perhaps the best way to get more folks involved would be to make access to the books and reading schedule easier...for example, if Angie (sorry to make more work for you sis) were to place an image on the update page (as there is for say, Toshi or the new Dice Raw) of whatever the next book was and had it link to say amazon.com to the page where that book is available, that would at least make it easier to get a few more folks involved. Also, someone could set up a simple webpage--like there used to be back in the day for Papyrus...member that? Is that still around?

Other than making access to the info on what book is being read a bit easier, i don't think you can motivate folks besides offering prizes and such. if folks don't wanna read, they won't. one thing that might motivate some headz, is if some of the okayartists posted about the books as well...it's kinda corny, but i think it would work to motivate some people...

"You are the revolution,.....don't wait to see it on the 6 o'clock news. Bear witness to yourself."
--Wise_7

"theres' so much tension and hate in the world that the act of love to your neighbor is trully revolutionary...it's all about thinking differently than the mainstream concerns of now. "
--mayhem

"SO POWERFUL IS THE LIGHT OF UNITY THAT IT CAN ILLUMINATE THE WHOLE EARTH."
--Baha'u'llah