Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Blacks acting white
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20117
20117, RE: Blacks acting white
Posted by guest, Thu Nov-16-00 05:54 PM
No Q, thank you for responding so eloquently...and I will give that book a looksee. I have a friend who actually might have it on her shelf :) I did sound rather patronizing when I said that my children listen to all music...didn't I. Damn, I wished I hadn't done that....it was completely a misspeak for me. My children are NOT "wiggers".....if you weren't referring to them I am sorry.....and I don't think my children try to be anything they aren't. they are both white, blonde, high achievers, intellegent, self confident, creative.....and happen to not give a rat's ass what color package a body comes in.....and those options are white, brown, and everything in between. No matter how intellectually you want to theorise it.....if we work from the beginning, children can grow up non racist. Humans are not born racist......they turn that way, like bad milk. And racism comes from all peoples......so my personal theory of judging a person by what's in their heart still stands true for me.

About the feminists....that's completely wrong. Feminism is based on the oppression of women in every culture...and stretches. All cultures, African, European, Asian, Middle Eastern.....and religeons, are guilty of subjucating women and also for putting them in stereotypical roles that don't apply to modern day...and that is what feminist fight. I'm sure Patricia Ireland gets just as worked up over a red neck asshole in West Virginia calling his wife his "ball and chain" as she would about a black guy in Detroit calling his wife his "bitch". That shit goes on in every culture in the world and I don't care what you say.....feminists fight for all women and against sexism from all men and all cultures.

Finally, where your sepratists theories make sense to me....I have one thing to say.....Even though it is true that America and basically now all of civilization is based on a structure that originated out of western culture.....ie Europe and the Magna Carta.....what would YOU suggest to be a reasonable solution....I mean something that is actually attainable and doable...that would unite us as a nation of people...blending our cultures, respecting one another, working in harmony, and creating a better world for our children? I hear too too much how blacks will never be part of America because America was made by and for Whites....so what do we do? I honestly want everyone to be happy.

Peace...and thanks for the education. Sincerely, I appreciate your effort