Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectARGHH!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16066&mesg_id=16140
16140, ARGHH!
Posted by M2, Wed Mar-28-01 11:02 AM
This is not about My School Vs. Your School!

I didn't say you couldn't be successful...I just say the chances are better IMHO! Stop seeing this as an attack!

I can name Blacks that went to a Majority school(my classmates)..that are doing the SAME THINGS your friends are doing...going to a Majority institution isn't going to hurt you career wise.

In my travels as a consultant working almost exclusively in the Fortune 200, I met more Blacks who attended Majority Schools. When I read about a successful Black exec, he typically went to a Majority school, or a combination of HBCU & Majority.

Now I do meet Blacks who went to HBCUs, and they're doing just fine. I just don't feel it's the best way or the only way to go. Just like I could get an MBA from U. Washington...and do better then a Harvard Man...doesn't mean that Harvard wouldn't have been a better choice.

Ok; I've had enough of this crap. GO TO THE SCHOOL YOU CHOOSE TO GO TO! Enough of this school vs. school nonsense. Don't pick one because it's Black, don't pick one because it's white.

Maybe one day, Moorehouse will be a recognized as a top school period and we can stop having this argument.

BTW, Franklin Raines runs Freddie Mac not Fannie Mae (people often get them confused) and he went to Harvard & Oxford. To my knowledge a white dude runs Fannie Mae.

Peace Out,

M2