Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectPersonal Freedom
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15456&mesg_id=15466
15466, Personal Freedom
Posted by Nettrice, Fri Apr-13-01 05:39 AM
I think personal freedom is the first step. Stop looking to other people and look within to be oneself. I don't think I would have the effect or influence I have in my field without feeling free myself. I have had to break internal agreements or contracts with the world, with media, with society and it's norms or standards in order to be free.

I had to develop my spiritual connection to Divine power or will in order to break free from material and social shackles in order to get free. I have had to live my life without being afraid to take risks and explore life. I am not afraid of losing anything and I am not afraid to die because of faith.

Freedom means surrender, being able to be present in life not a bystander, to live life without fear of self expression. I know what I want, don't want and when I want it. I am willing to live my life the way I want to, not afraid to ask for what I need and live without fear of being judged by others. In turn I do not judge others and I do not feel responsible for anyone's opinions.

True activism means starting from your corner, findng like minds (if necessary) to do the work but doing the work regardless because your are free.

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"