Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhy not Cooked Food?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13360
13360, Why not Cooked Food?
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 02:25 AM
Recenly i have learned that some people choose not to, or even refuse to eat cooked food. Is there a health reason behind this? I thought that the heat plays a part in killing any possible bacteria and whatnot. What is the logic behind this? And how is it ever possible? Much of our food has been pre-cooked before we buy it anyways.
13361, damn americans!
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 02:28 AM
first no meat, now no cooked food! wtf? other countries would love to eat the trash you people throw out everyday! and now this. damn! be thankful for something, shit! what are we damn rabbits?!? geez

(((((PEACE)))))

"God is good, me love God, God love me. God will take care of me, Jesus love me too, I will repent all my sins and give me to Jesus, Jesus will take me to heaven with him. Jesus loves me, me good. Me give money to church, church good. Pastor needs new car, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves pastor. Jesus is God, jesus is son of God, Jesus is father of god, me confused now. Me go to sleep now, me need nap, me brain tired. -Christians"
-ish_skywalker

"Considering the fact that Islam is a disgrace to human kind, Christianity is a disgrace to everything in the universe, Judiasm is just one confusing mess, and the rest of em are all praying to aliens from outer space. I say we have a religion where the only rule is that you know how to roll a Garcia Vega. Ya know? And if I can't be god, can I be one of the people who gets to make hypocritical rules and then not follow them like them stinking Catholics? Please, pretty please, with the Annunaki on top?" -ish_skywalker

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

13362, rabbits?
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jun-21-01 02:40 AM
is it lunchtime already? you're makin me hungry

people believe raw food is more concentrated in nutrients

which is why i'm havin me some raw beef, afrikan style. hey utma, care to have some beef with me?

as for germs, germs are a conspiracy of the medical industry to lower our tolerance to life.

==**peace**==

"The logic of divide and rule is still valid today." Capleton

DomePoem Poets; Vibe Nation; One ppl under the spoken word
13363, no beef, goat's blood maybe
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 02:42 AM
>>people believe raw food is more concentrated in nutrients

lies, all of them lies! if not PROVE IT!

(((((PEACE)))))

"God is good, me love God, God love me. God will take care of me, Jesus love me too, I will repent all my sins and give me to Jesus, Jesus will take me to heaven with him. Jesus loves me, me good. Me give money to church, church good. Pastor needs new car, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves pastor. Jesus is God, jesus is son of God, Jesus is father of god, me confused now. Me go to sleep now, me need nap, me brain tired. -Christians"
-ish_skywalker

"Considering the fact that Islam is a disgrace to human kind, Christianity is a disgrace to everything in the universe, Judiasm is just one confusing mess, and the rest of em are all praying to aliens from outer space. I say we have a religion where the only rule is that you know how to roll a Garcia Vega. Ya know? And if I can't be god, can I be one of the people who gets to make hypocritical rules and then not follow them like them stinking Catholics? Please, pretty please, with the Annunaki on top?" -ish_skywalker

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

13364, what the hell do i know
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jun-21-01 02:51 AM
about raw food?

do yr own damned work

http://www.google.com
search for: raw food

or check out vsdc.org; i'm sure they've got somethin

is there a rawfood.com?

fyi to the person who posted this topic: utma here is the "devil's advocate." he also has his own login name and established presence at some raw food site. he's just bein *lazy*

==**peace**==

13365, that's right...
Posted by LexM, Thu Jun-21-01 02:54 AM
call his ass out

}>

~~~SPITFIRE: AUGUST 23, 2001~~~
HipHop. Old school style. In Full Effect. Want Info? Email: carameldom@hotmail.com

http://www.welcome.to/okaypoets (u ain't a real okayplayer if u ain't been here)

"cats pop champagne/over misery and pain/like slaves on the ship/talkin 'bout/who got the flyest chains" ~~Talib Kweli
13366, will you stop...
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 02:57 AM
>>fyi to the person who posted this topic: utma here is the "devil's advocate." he also has his own login name and established presence at some raw food site. he's just bein *lazy*

i am not playing devil's advocate. I AM the devil! did i ever tell you my initials aer SET? for real! and we all know about SET's role. plus, my motto really is "learn it on your own" i mean for real use a god-dammned saearch engine, if you're on this sitem, you GOTTA be on the internet. and you call me lazy?!?

plus the fact that i can argue the "non raw food" position and win everytime cuz cats only carry around soundbites...

i'm a raw foodist though...just to let you know. and look at me, all filled with hate and hostility, It's DAMNED good to be wicked!

(((((PEACE)))))

-ish_skywalker

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

13367, wtf is set?
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jun-21-01 03:12 AM
==**peace**==

13368, kemetic
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 03:16 AM
diety of discord and choas...the origins for the word satan...he tried to kill ausar and was vanquished by heru.

(((((PEACE)))))

-ish_skywalker

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

13369, i'm not eatin' Thumper...
Posted by LexM, Thu Jun-21-01 06:04 AM
I'm sorry....

ick!

HipHop. Old school style. In Full Effect. Want Info? Email: carameldom@hotmail.com

http://www.welcome.to/okaypoets (u ain't a real okayplayer if u ain't been here)

"cats pop champagne/over misery and pain/like slaves on the ship/talkin 'bout/who got the flyest chains" ~~Talib Kweli
13370, aw hell...I was responding to abduhu's post.
Posted by LexM, Thu Jun-21-01 06:06 AM

13371, i knew somebody had.............
Posted by abduhu, Thu Jun-21-01 06:38 AM
beef with eating rabbit!!! (puns intended)

:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7:7

it tastes like chicken for those that are wondering.
yes, i said chicken.
no, everything doesnot taste like chicken, just rabbit when fried.

seriously though.
if you had to eat meat, what would be better that a rabbit or deer.
who fed it? itself. so no worry about usda this and usda that.
who processed it? hopefully the eater. so you dont have to worry about it being tortured for the cause. unless you dont know how to handle the B I of slaughtering.

goodbye.:-)

Is it true he is not from the 19th Galaxy, but was released from the 19th precinct?! (c) Grand Royal about Dr. Malachi Z. York.

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography:
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/

Narrated Aisha (Prophet Muhammad's wife):
The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).

13372, my grandfather likes it
Posted by LexM, Fri Jun-22-01 05:12 AM
I don't really have an issue, per se....like, if that's your thing, by all means, go for it.

but me? nah...I'll pass :)

13373, i heard it tasted more gamey than chicken
Posted by guerilla_love, Fri Jun-22-01 06:18 AM
==**peace**==

13374, han chicken
Posted by guerilla_love, Fri Jun-22-01 06:19 AM
==**peace**==

13375, what is han chicken?
Posted by abduhu, Fri Jun-22-01 06:22 AM
.....And please remember, the next time you see one of these fake kufi wearing, bead toting peeps step to you and ask you whats the last book you read respond by saying...Brother/Sister, I am the last book, and you're just one of the chapters that I need to finish...
(c) naiea

Is it true he is not from the 19th Galaxy, but was released from the 19th precinct?! (c) Grand Royal about Dr. Malachi Z. York.

who is Prophet Muhammad -salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (peace be upon him)? click here to read his biography:

The Prophet used to offer prayer at night (for such a long time) that his feet used to crack. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why do you do it since Allah has forgiven you your faults of the past and those to follow?" He said, "Shouldn't I love to be a thankful slave (of Allah)?' When he became old, he prayed while sitting, but if he wanted to perform a bowing, he wound get up, recite (some other verses) and then perform the bowing.

subhaanakallahumma (Glory be to you, Oh Allah), wabihamdika (and I praise You). ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta (I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You). astaghfiruka (I seek Your forgiveness), wa attuubu ilaika (and I turn to You in Repentance).

13376, maybe i was the hot sauce and k-up? n/m
Posted by abduhu, Fri Jun-22-01 06:22 AM
.....And please remember, the next time you see one of these fake kufi wearing, bead toting peeps step to you and ask you whats the last book you read respond by saying...Brother/Sister, I am the last book, and you're just one of the chapters that I need to finish...
(c) naiea

13377, fried rabbits is good, seriously n/m
Posted by abduhu, Thu Jun-21-01 03:10 AM

13378, response
Posted by timid_grape, Thu Jun-21-01 02:44 AM
>Recenly i have learned that some
>people choose not to, or
>even refuse to eat cooked
>food.

...and the only reason being they can afford such a "lifestyle." take away the paycheck for a month and food becomes food again regardless of texture/temperature/dietary content/etc etc...

an *empty* belly will speak for itself.

//// timid grape ////

a watchtower stands on the seashore
the waves pummel seaside people
they fold their arms together
as their dreams float away

13379, disagreeing
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jun-21-01 02:48 AM
buying and preparing foods in bulk, cooked or uncooked, will always save you money

==**peace**==

13380, response
Posted by timid_grape, Thu Jun-21-01 02:57 AM
>buying and preparing foods in bulk,
>cooked or uncooked, will always
>save you money

o.....k.aaaay..........

"saving your money" = being able to have (some) decision/choice in your food selection.

when you have $ 0 try to afford something then.
try to "save your money" and "buy in bulk."

and...

isn't just the thought of money($$$) a sign you can (somewhat) afford your lifestyle...?

hmmm.........

//// timid grape ////

don't touch me
i don't liked to be touched
so bring lemonade in lieu of touches
and five dollars for my spirit
13381, like g_love said...
Posted by LexM, Thu Jun-21-01 02:52 AM
people who only eat raw usually do it b/c the food is more nutritious that way.

others may have more spiritual/social/psychological reasons...

personally, I'm only willing to go as far as no meat...vegan is a stretch to me, let alone raw. although, the more I cut out of my diet, the more I'm finding certain things hard to eat *shrug*

13382, RE: Why not Cooked Food?
Posted by feetsadiq, Thu Jun-21-01 04:23 AM
When you cook food the majority of the nutrients leak out...that is basic chemistry...the question for chemists is really how much...It is a falsehood to say vegatables are healthier raw...it depends on the vegatable and how long you mean to cook it. Take broccoli for instance raw broccoli is not as heathly as lightly blache broccoli (put into hot water and heated till the heads turn bright green 30 sec tops) why because the heat actually activates and leaches many nutrients out of the undigestable stalk (remeber we cannot digest cellulous) and into more digestable forms...vegatables should be eaten in there brightest possible color...for brocoli that means cooking for onions/cabbage/garlic it means eat it raw...

There is also the argument that raw foods are closer to gods hand...I believe there is no refuting that claim if someone belives it...

The problem is we live in a country that has been creating genetice food for 15 years...even the term organic produce has no meaning on whether or not the strain of that tomato was genectically engineered all organic means is that it wasnt sprayed with CHEMICAL pesticides...so even if one is eating raw for holiness you bes make sure that god created the carrot and not some guy in SmithKline's lab

Raw foods in this country are also dangerous flat out...we are talking handling by atleast 100 people berfore it reaches your kitchen...we are talking nasty ass supermarkets and corner stores...

Its funny people will do all these things to be holy or "right" but then stop somewhere...if you dont have your own garden filled with a soil combination you know is free of chemicals and covered in an airtight greenhouse that has its own air filtering unit you aint eatin right...PERIOD

And humans still can't digest cellulouss fiber or milk we arent rabbit's but sometimes a tofu shake is the bomb...see recipes below

For the veggie-tarians with limited recipes (POZI)
www.italcreations.com
NO MEAT NO MEAT NO MEAT
13383, exactly!
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 04:26 AM
>>if you dont have your own garden filled with a soil combination you know is free of chemicals and covered in an airtight greenhouse that has its own air filtering unit you aint eatin right...PERIOD

that's what i do!

(((((PEACE)))))

-ish_skywalker

THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

13384, Thanks
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-21-01 06:51 AM
that information was really helpful
i will keep what you said in mind

When it comes to rice, beans, and pasta, are there varieties that do not require cooking?
13385, rawfooders
Posted by guerilla_love, Thu Jun-21-01 07:09 AM
soak rather than boil

and i think they eat more grains/ grain- based foods

==**peace**==

13386, RE: Why not Cooked Food?
Posted by handle, Thu Jun-21-01 06:42 PM
Why eat cooked food? I mean, food ain;'t cooked when it's grown. I'll tell you why cooked food go so popular; the flesh of dead animals is tastier when charred over fire. And you are at less risk from dying from eating cooked meat than raw meat.

As for the people saying "Arrogant Americans", let me point out:
1)Uncooked food is not more expensive. compare a pound of ham price and a pound of lettuce prices lately?
They go microwaves in the third world?

Poeple eat cooked food becasue that's what they have taught to eat. From parents, from business, from peer pressure.

Now fruits and vegetables are easy to eat raw. beans, well you have to soak them, and maybe even let them sprout. same with grains. Bet you don't each much meat after not cooking. And mcdonalds, and Coke and Snickers bars are stragiht out.

Also, just becasue it's raw doesn't mean it has to be cold. You can heat up some soup you made by adding water to vegetables and blending them. Just dont let it get over body tempature.

Remember this: Selling raw food will never be as sucessful a business model as selling denatured, processed food.

When was the last time you saw a commerical for lettuce? or onions? Never. Why? No money. (I do accept that Florida orange juice, or washington apples, or californai rasisins do advertise, but they are strictly for profit associations.)

Arrogant to eat raw food? Or arrogant to not?
13387, Click here:
Posted by ya Setshego, Fri Jun-22-01 05:03 AM

http://www.living-foods.com/board/index2.php?f=0

I received this from Uta, back when he was a decent human being, or whatever....

"Don't Hate the PLAYA Boy...hate the GAME," Granddad Freeman of the Boondocks(7-11-99)

*Twenty-three percent of women are "autoerotic singles" — they prefer to achieve sexual satisfaction alone(source-bet.com)

*If U have won a Grammy, one of two things are at play: 1. Your shit is TIGHT
2. U are white
-(Me)

"'Cuz U answer the phone 'peace' that means U not a freak?"-The Questions(c) Common