Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: My ONLY Skepticism...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13350
13350, RE: My ONLY Skepticism...
Posted by osoclasi, Wed Jul-04-01 05:46 AM
>With the Bible is not its
>law, moral code, etc., etc.,
>
>
>it's just the following doctrines:
>
>1.)That Christians have the LOCK on
>all spiritual salvation...
>The reason I say this is
>because as a former Christian
>I do know that the
>BIBLE encourages a search for
>truth...This began mine...WHY?
>Because of AMEN...

Response: Ok I think I know here your going with this.
>
>One- We can stop fronting like
>that was a word CREATED
>by Hebrews because Historical evidence
>tells us differently...Point blank, IMHO,
>a WHOLE LOT of the
>doctrine that Christians reinforce is
>used to keep a barrier
>between the "learned" and the
>"laymen". Since making these
>claims makes them just that
>give me a day to
>rest and I GARUNTEE information
>on this...

Response: Ok, I'll wait for your info. Also it should be noted as I think Jennyfer has already stated that words could be the same but they carry different meaning into the words.Such as in John 1 were he says Jesus was the word. The term word is not original it was a popular term amonst Jews and Greeks, but its all about the meaning poured into this words.
If you'd like I can check the Hebrew and see what I find.

>Two- I'm willing to bet dollars
>to donuts that you can't
>name EXACTLY where it says
>in the bible that GOD
>exists in EXACTLY
>3 forms: Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Response: Your kidding right. Actually we don't say God exist in three forms but rather three persons. Theres a difference.

> Can you find this
>in the NT? I
>doubt it.

Response:Your right because we don't say God exist in three forms but three persons and I can find evidence for that New and Old. Heres the Father: Matt 6:9" Our Father in Heavan. Matt 6:2 God is our heavenly father. Jesus claimed to be Yahweh John 8:58 Before Abraham I Am. (same as in Ex 3:14 I Am is God's name). Holy spirit.. Acts 5:3-4 by saying you have lied to the Holy Spirit.

Then you have Old Testament Passages such as Psalm 110 where its says the Lord says to my Lord. Meaning the God and the Son are conversing.

In the
>NT, maybe, but AFTER Jesus'
>death....
>I doubt you'll find us a
>verse where Jesus says exactly
>I AM MY FATHER AND
>SO IS THE SPIRIT INSIDE
>ME.

Response: Why would Jesus say that, this is not what the trinity teaches. You should ask what the trinity is firt before you try to debate it. You'll have a better shot that way.

he WILL make
>reference to being the son
>of God but let's be
>real? If JESUS is
>the PHYSICAL SON of God
>and I am the son
>of God according to the
>Bible then why do Christians
>worship him like they ARE
>NOT capable of doing greater
>things than he?

Response: No offense but your way off the mark here, "Son of" in a Jewish mind set means same as " only begotten" Means unique, special. When the Bible says we can do things greater than he its not referring to us becoming more powerful than him, but that we could get places he could'nt reach during his ministry.

And
>if they are capable of
>doing greater things than he,
>why don't they? Sin?

Response: Read the above statement.

>It existed in his time,
>and though he might not
>have done it, his disciples
>weren't exactly pure...So why is
>it they can heal the
>sick and we don't?

Response: Because, the healings that they used were to justify there ministries. Now of days healing is apart of the atonment but not guarenteed.

>Why is it when he
>taught them to pray in
>the Gospells he said this
>is how you shall pray:
>"OUR FATHER" so if
>Jesus is the son of
>God, and I am his
>brother according to him, and
>Jesus IS god at the
>same time, am I God's
>brother at the same time?
> Not really? Explain
>please...

Response: Yeah you need help with trinity. When Jesus used the term abba father he was showing that you could reach God on a personal level, this was foriegn to the Jews a concept unheard of.
>

Response: here is the trinity, 1)There is but one God Duet 6:4
2) There are three distinct persons within the Godhead Father,Son, Holy Spirit. 3) When we say persons of the trinity its not like Tom, Mike, and Jade it means personal distinct ways.
That means that you can identify each of the persons within the trinity because they are distinct. So the Father planned salvation, the Son accomplished it on the cross, the Holy Spirit applyes it to believers. Kind of like a triangle where there is one triangel with three seperate corners. Each corner is distint form one another and exist at the same time but this illustation falls short because the triangles are finite God is infinite so its not perfect. Solid , Liquid, Gas is a horrible one because normally water is not in the three states at the same time. By saying God has one essence and three persons it means God is one "what" three "whos". The three whos(persons) of the Godhead share what(essence). SO God is a unity of essence with a plurality of persons. Each person is different, yet they share a comman nature.

>I noticed this and made a
>promise to myself as a
>TRUE christian...DO NOT PRACTICE WHAT
>HE DIDN'T TEACH! This
>is why I asked about
>the TRINITY...

Resonse: But the bible shows us that there is a trinity.

As we both know
>in the Bible God is
>referred to as us...

Response: No, the us used in Gen 1:26 refers to grammatics not the trinity. It's called a plural of majesty.

So basically
>if that's supposed to represent
>Jesus being with God at
>the time of the birth
>of the world...

Response: No, not at all.

Could that possibly
>mean that I was with
>them, unaware that I would
>be placed in this physical
>prison called the body?

Response: No, God breathed the life of man into his body, so the spirit was also created.
>
>don't worry I'ma dig up the
>juicy bits....
Response: No prob