Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectAnswers:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13341
13341, Answers:
Posted by osoclasi, Mon Jul-02-01 05:41 PM
>1.)You said earlier you didn't notice
>anything in Deuteronomy 28
>about slavery...Tell me what you think
>of chap 28:15 & on
>where it discusses the curses
>for disobedience...

Response: Oh Ok I see where your going with this, but what your mistake is these verses have nothing to do with the African Slave trade. These curses in Duet, have to do with the nation of Isreal, and God's covenant with these people.

Actually, every book all the way up to Isaiah is called the Deuturo-Historical books because they show how Isreal responds to the Law in Deuteronomy.

If you look at Lamentations you see the proof of this heres an example:

Duet 28:65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no RESTING PLACE for the sole of your foot.

Fulfilled Lamentation 1:3 After affliction and harsh labor, Judah had gone into exile. She dwells among the nations; she finds no RESTING PLACE.

Duet 28:44 He will lend to you, but you will not lend to him. He will be the head, but you will be the tail.

Lamentation 1:5 Her foe has become her masters; her enemies are at ease. Her children have gone into exile captive before her foes.

Duet 28:30 You will be pledge to be married to a women, but another will take her and ravish her, You will build a house but not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but will not even begin to enjoy its fruit.

Lam 5:2 Our inheritance ahs been turned over to aliens our homes to foreigners. we have become orphans and fatherless.

Duet: 28 :30 same as above

Lam 5:11 Women have been revished in Zion and virgins in the town of Judah.

Duet 28:26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds of the air and the beast of the earth and there will be no one to frighten them away.

Lam 5:18 for Mount Zion, which lies desolate with jackels prowling over it.

>
>So my question to you is...HOW
>DID YOU READ CHAPTER 28
>AND MISS ALL THAT?

Response: I think when you first mentioned it i was looking in Num 28 but oh well. The verse above is about Isreal and there response to the law (that's what the whole point of the old covenant)not Africa.
>
>2.)Who is TERTULLIAN, when did he
>live, what does he have
>to do with the TRINITY,
>where did he study, and
>why are Christians never taught
>about him in Sunday School???

Response: Tertullian was an early Christian apologetic from Carthege, North Africa (160-220). He broke away from the mainline church and became head of a small Montanist group. He stress reason making statements such as "nothing can be rational without order, much less can reason itself dispense with order in anyone." About the Trinity, he was a defender of the trinity in such books as "The Prescription aginst Herectics" he defended the doctrine. I don't know why christions are not taught about him in Sunday school but oh well.
>
>3.)What is the relationship between the
>33 degrees of freemasonry, St.
>Augustine (FAMED WRITER OF THE
>CONFESSIONS), & Christianity?

Response: You are asking a wierd question here, but I'll try to answer this. I don't see any connection with the two Augustine taught many biblical lessons that the church still uses today, and don't see any connection with free masonry. Christianity sees free masonry as a religon and cultic in nature.