Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectmore answers:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=13104&mesg_id=13340
13340, more answers:
Posted by osoclasi, Mon Jul-02-01 06:09 PM
>4.)You've interpreted what the bible says
>about sun worship bu what
>do you feel about the
>word, AMEN, where does it
>get its root from?

Response: Amen is an expression which means "so be it". Its a way of saying that may God's will be done. I hthink your trying to compare Amen to Amen Ra probably, but I really don't think you can relate a sun god to a simple phrase. Actually if you look at Jer 46:25 It tells how God is going to bring Judgement on an Egyptian god named Amon god of thebes, this might be Amen Ra your talking about.

>5.)If there were no Egyptian authors
>of the Bible, then what
>was Moses??? I mean,
>he was born Hebrew, but
>RAISED Egyptian, ELITE EGYPTIAN, meaning
>he had access to the
>study of their mysteries and
>sciences, of which, was Astrology...Are
>we to assume that this
>has NOTHING to do with
>the BIBLE, especially when you
>consider he was the physical
>(flesh & blood) author of
>the law?

Response: Good point, but you have to realize the Torah was revealed to Moses, which intells that it was not under his own authority. Here's the proof Moses brings judgment on Egypt and there gods proving that he did not associate with them. Look at Exodus12:12
" On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every first born- both men and animals- and I will bring judgement ON ALL THE GODS of Egypt. So Moses was not dedicated to the gods of Egypt nor their practices. If you read the response I wrote about the sun up above you will see Moses refutes just about every Egyptian practice out their.
>
>6.)Also, you prevously claimed all of
>the rituals to be HIGHLY
>integral to Hebrew cultcha, but
>wait, didn't the EGYPTIANS perform
>Sabbath before the Hebrews???
>If not, how did they
>worship Osiris and AMENHOTEP?

Response: It depends on which Sabbath your talking about, the first one was in Genesis where God work 6 days and on the seventh day he rested. In Levitcus 23:11 Isreal worked six days and on the seventh day they dedicated one day to worship the Lord. This was to be a " sign" of the covenant between God and Isreal at Mount Sinai to remind them about the slavery in Egpyt. But then you have the Sabbath year in Lev 25:1 where they were suppose to work six years then on the seventh year. They were suppose to stop and let the Lord supply them with food, this was to show their dependance on the Lord and their faith that the Lord would provide for them. But in the New Testament the Sabbath is fufilled with Christ who rose from the dead on Sunday(which is the reason why wh worship on Sunday instead of Saturday) so we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord Jesus on the sabbath. So I don't see any relationship between this and Osirus unless he brought the Egyptian out of slavery and made a covenant with them on Mount Sinai.